• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ive got a head ache

Highfly

Jul 6, 2006
I recently broke 100 for the first time and went on to reproduce the result a few more times.

I have been consistently breaking 50 around 9 regularly very happy.

Went to play with the club today was on 40 after the 7th hole.
Thats when it started. Got a 7 on the 8th and an ( my worst hole ever I think ) 11 on the 9th.
58 after nine, and yes it gets worse ended up with a 126 over 18, the worst score Ive ever had at this course in memory.

How does this happen, iron and tee shots that were coming naturally disappeared. Struggling to hit anything .

Is this a natural occurance or am I just experiencing some sort of super natural phenomenon.

: - (

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
A score of 126 is a bit extreme on a course you've broken 100 on regularly. Next time you play, and just can't hit the ball - at all - stop, look up at the sky, take three deep breaths, and tell yourself, "START PLAYING SOME F*CKING GOLF, A$$HOLE!"

You'll feel much better.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Another option for a really bad day - just pick up and head for a cold one. Some golf days just suck. Nothing you can do except grin and bear it or pull a JD.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Don't think about your score, ever. Don't even think about what you need to do on a specific hole to get a certain score.

Eagle, bogey, par, these are all just words. All that matters is the shot right in front of you.

(Except in competitive play, which even then only really except when in Match Play)

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
United States United States
I feel your pain, I normally shoot mid to low 80s, however about a month ago I was playing a great round, was 2 under through 7. Ended up finishing 5 over after 8 & 9. Sucked big time. I know it was because I was thinking about it and it got in my mind at a potential under par 9.

Robert

OP
H

Highfly

Jul 6, 2006
Thx peoples,

I think I panic on club days and speed up my back swing.

Went out today quick nine quite happy.

Hope I can eventually back it up on a club day : -)

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
JEFF4i said:
Don't think about your score, ever. Don't even think about what you need to do on a specific hole to get a certain score.

Eagle, bogey, par, these are all just words. All that matters is the shot right in front of you.

(Except in competitive play, which even then only really except when in Match Play)
Truth.

And, a problem I seem to have from time to time.:mad:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.