• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I've Got the Answer

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You know how when you get a new club or clubs how well they work? And then the honeymoon period ends. Well you might have to be rich for this to work but what if....

You bought a complete new set of clubs. Then you go out and play and shoot the best score of your life. Now BEFORE you hit the end of the honeymoon period (1 or 2 rounds?) you go out and buy another new set of clubs.

You do this over and over and over all summer long. You could probably turn pro!!!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Actually, my first round with those Ci9's was a disaster and that first set of S59's I couldn't hit a golf shot with. My experiment with the Ping wedges went horrible too. I chipped great, but could not hit a full shot with them. So i'd be fecked.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
You know how when you get a new club or clubs how well they work? And then the honeymoon period ends. Well you might have to be rich for this to work but what if....

You bought a complete new set of clubs. Then you go out and play and shoot the best score of your life. Now BEFORE you hit the end of the honeymoon period (1 or 2 rounds?) you go out and buy another new set of clubs.

You do this over and over and over all summer long. You could probably turn pro!!!
I wish all my customers had your philosophy!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

Why "all summer"?? If this were true, we should be able to take strokes off the game by simply having new clubs in the bag. i.e. If I trade irons 4 times, over the winter, and don't play a single round with any of these "guarantee" to be 'more accurate', 'longer', 'prettier... that should take 6 or 8 strokes off by itself. Hmmm... The Golfsmith store has a 30 day no-cost return policy. We have snow on the ground. I might just head over there and pick up a new set of sticks... trade them once a month for the next three months... and win the club championship this next summer. What a great idea!!!! I can sit in my recliner all winter, get fat, and still kick the tails of the rest of the imbeciles in our group who refuse to "buy their game". Wonder how late Golfsmith, Watts, and Golf Galaxy are open this afternoon. Will report tomorrow on how many new clubs I buy today and how many virtual strokes I've lost in the next 24 to 48 hours. Thanks, WBL!!!!

By the way, WBL, haven't seen you around in a while. How ya feelin'???????

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
IIRC, WBL holds the record with something like 25 driver changes in a single season. He didn't have a single driver in his hands long enough to leave DNA on the grip.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
cheaper way out- just borrow or demo the clubs-- after 3rounds return and try something new. ;)

Members online

No members online now.