• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

j33r problems

buykrux

May 15, 2009
my buddy was looking for a j33r, his dad has a j33 something
i have never hit one seeing as how i am a lefty but i was at golfsmith yestruday and found 3 of them in the used sections
as i was picking up my phone to call my friend i grabbed them all off the rack and i heard a rattle
i shake the 1st one and theres something loose inside the head, pick up the 2nd and same issue, pick up the 3rd and same thing
it didnt sound like epoxy, it seemed to be to dense and loud
i know the mizuno blue rage had a similar problem
any j33r owners have the same issue

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I have 2 j33s. I have the p and the r 420 and no problems here. I know that there is a little rubber plug/insert on the back of them but I think that is in its own chamber within the head.

OP
B

buykrux

May 15, 2009
the point being i wouldnt buy one, i advised him not to either
3 for 3 with something loose in the head doesnt sound like a very good club to me

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I had one. Loved it. No problems like that. But that does happen to drivers in general on occasion. Did you shake other clubs in that lot? Used ones tend to get beat in simulators..

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
All 3 had the same rattle? Are you sure the rattle isn't in your head? :laugh:

Seriously though, I have a j33R, and it makes no noise like that, just a very solid thwack when I nutt the ball with it.

OP
B

buykrux

May 15, 2009
yup, 3 out of 3 had the rattle
those were the only 3 j33r's iv ever came across, you dont see many up here in canada and i just happended to run into 3 at golfsmith
curious to see if this is a common problem

on another note, 2 of the demo l5vs were cracked on the sole from the hacks slamming them into the ground and a few hibores had dents on the heel
some people:confused:

🔥 Latest posts