• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

J33R

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
First, I must say to those of you who have never hit a J33R, you are really missing out. Go hit one.

I was playing golf by my lonesome Sunday afternoon, feeling sorry for myself and wishing my J33R had more loft, as 8.5 is just not quite enough. I knew SUX had a 9.5*, so I sent him a text inquiring about a trade. Luckily, the stuff I offered to trade was more attractive to him than the J33R, and the deal was on.

Without digging too far into the details, I found out that SUX has my address and a map of Italy tattoo'd on his ass.

Apparently reading in the mirror was proving too challenging for him, as he later inquired as to the proper spelling of my last name. "Yes, two 'i''s; silly Finnish spelling." He responded with, "You're Finnish?! Deal's off!!! :p" Then added some psychobabble about the irrelevancy of ancestry.

Fast forward to today, when the mailman woke me up to receive it. I opened the box to find the head covered with a sock. See picture below. It takes a lot more to make someone actually lol than to type it, but that did it. Very amusing, Z.

I hit the course for nine holes this afternoon. I was feeling confident with a J33R in my bag once more. I hit a couple nice drives; it's great to see the ball roll for more than 10 yards. Right there among the best for distance, and it's so easy to hit straight, like my other one. Ballstriking was good; I hit 4 greens which is a little below average for me, but a few outstanding shots offset the average GIR. #4 is a par 5, 490 something, up a big hill then down the other side. I pushed the drive a bit and got a bad kick into the rough behind a tree. Pitched out to 190, a 5 iron for me. Smooth swing, heading right at the flag (you can only see the flag, not the green). I didn't see the ball when I got up there, but I was sure it couldn't have gone over. Sure enough, in the hole for an eagle and my longest hole-out to date. :) Bogey the first, eagle the fourth, birdie the ninth for a two-under 33. :) I was thinking "tempo" and nothing else all day, hopefully I can carry the good thoughts over to friday when I play next.
CRW_8067.jpg

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I want one, plain and simple only in 10.5*- 420 or 460cc's I don't care. I really like the look of the head and have heard only good things about them.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
You need to keep using that sock as the headcover:D

And I want to see you pound the snot out of the ball on the elevated 10th tee at The Bull.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Yeah they are great heads. I love my J33P but haven't really gotten along with the new J33R. Both of mine are 8.5* ("Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight")...oh...sorry! The J33P is da bomb! I am a consistent ball striker and that puppy goes. I have tried 4 shafts already in the J33R and just can't get it to go like its little brother. Anyone that hasn't hit one of these needs to try them.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Forget about the club you bunch of goons! You must pay heed to the display of artistic genius that is the Finnish sock!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The J33R is a great head. I've got one with a GD YS-Q in 9.5º. If I put a smooth swing on it all is well in the world. But if I try to go after it things go very awry. I need to swap out the shaft and give this thing a fair shot at making the bag. If I wasn't hitting the FT-5 so well I would.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
The entire J33 wood family is freakin' awesome. After, stupidly, selling my J33 3W & 5W a few months back I've finally got the world right again. New (to me) 3W arrived a month or so ago and the 18* J33 should show up in 3-5 business days. :thumbs up:

As for the driver, I really like it but I found the A4 to be quite similar in looks and feel but with added forgiveness.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
The entire J33 wood family is freakin' awesome. After, stupidly, selling my J33 3W & 5W a few months back I've finally got the world right again. New (to me) 3W arrived a month or so ago and the 18* J33 should show up in 3-5 business days. :thumbs up:

As for the driver, I really like it but I found the A4 to be quite similar in looks and feel but with added forgiveness.

I appreciate it though. ;)

🔥 Latest posts