• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jack vs Tiger at the Masters

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
An interesting comparison of their first 22 appearances. Uncannily similar except for one stark difference.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1586812717.349336.jpg

Last edited:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The money in all sports is just mind boggling, maybe not just sports either. Wall Street, big business so many other areas.

Interesting comparison though. Hard to argue that they are the 2 best Masters players of all time and probably the 2 best golfers of all time.

I never got to see Jack in his prime but Tiger’s prime was simply amazing to watch. There is still something about Tiger playing that is just electric. I imagine it was similar with Jack. It’s a quality that comes along only so often. They move the needle more than any other 2 or 3 players combined.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
The money in all sports is just mind boggling, maybe not just sports either. Wall Street, big business so many other areas.

Interesting comparison though. Hard to argue that they are the 2 best Masters players of all time and probably the 2 best golfers of all time.

I never got to see Jack in his prime but Tiger’s prime was simply amazing to watch. There is still something about Tiger playing that is just electric. I imagine it was similar with Jack. It’s a quality that comes along only so often. They move the needle more than any other 2 or 3 players combined.
^^^this. 100% this!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
The thing about Jack's prime that's so different from Tiger's is you had other players on a regular basis who could/would take Jack on head to head, and you could watch them enjoy playing each other because they were friends off the course and fierce competitors on. With Tiger, it became "Tiger's killing the field again".

Not meaning that negatively towards Tiger, but I did enjoy Jack's days more than Tiger's.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The thing about Jack's prime that's so different from Tiger's is you had other players on a regular basis who could/would take Jack on head to head, and you could watch them enjoy playing each other because they were friends off the course and fierce competitors on.

Something like this.

93660653_3607734185934522_4087349040767827968_n.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.