• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jarrod Lyle Receives PGA Tour Courage Award

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
News from PGATour.com:
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The PGA TOUR has awarded the PGA TOUR Courage Award to PGA TOUR member Jarrod Lyle, who has overcome two battles with acute myeloid leukemia in his lifetime. The Australia native is in the second year of a Medical Extension granted to him due to his life-threatening illness....
The PGA TOUR Courage Award is presented to a player who, through courage and perseverance, has overcome extraordinary adversity, such as personal tragedy or debilitating injury or illness, to make a significant and meaningful contribution to the game of golf. Lyle is the second-ever recipient of the Courage Award, joining Erik Compton who received the award in 2013....
"I am very humbled to be receiving this award from the PGA TOUR," said Lyle. "It has taken a lot of fighting for me to get back to the PGA TOUR but it has been well worth it. For me to get back after the things I have dealt with shows people in similar situations there is hope for them, and if they stay positive and fight for every day then they can succeed in life. To be back playing with all the guys again and saying thank-you was very important to me. The players, officials and fans of the PGA TOUR were extremely supportive to me and my family throughout my time away and I can never repay them for that."​
Lyle will donate the $25,000 charitable contribution to CHALLENGE, an organization that supports children and families living with cancer.

Source: Jarrod Lyle Receives PGA Tour Courage Award

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Great to see. He's trying to make his come back. He's had some tough times.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Jarrod doing good in Arizona prior to his most recent bout of cancer.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.