• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jarryd Hayne - will he make it in the NFL?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
You may not have heard the news but one of our biggest rugby league stars, Jarryd Hayne, has just announced he is going to the US to try and get a contract in the NFL.

It is huge news here. Jarryd Hayne just won the player of the year award 2014. There has been much talk about whether he will be able to make it in the NFL and if so, what position he'd play.

Do you think he could make it? Which position?

Fn: There are 2 football sports that vie for dominance in Australia. In the states of Queensland and New South Wales, rugby league is # 1. In the other 4 states, Australian Rules is # 1. That's the way it's always been.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I've seen him play, and he's a wonderful athlete but I don't think he'll get to be a star on the NFL or anything over average. Game is way too different.

Which position? I would say tight end but wouldn't be surprised to se him as a safety

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
]

Fn: There are 2 football sports that vie for dominance in Australia. In the states of Queensland and New South Wales, rugby league is # 1. In the other 4 states, Australian Rules is # 1. That's the way it's always been.[/QUOTE]

Australian Rules is awesome. I love it. Rugby Union, well, that's great as well, but the Rugby League just sucks big time! It sucks so much Dyson Vacuum Cleaners are thinking on sponsoring the NRL finals

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
]

Fn: There are 2 football sports that vie for dominance in Australia. In the states of Queensland and New South Wales, rugby league is # 1. In the other 4 states, Australian Rules is # 1. That's the way it's always been.

--------
Australian Rules is awesome. I love it. Rugby Union, well, that's great as well, but the Rugby League just sucks big time! It sucks so much Dyson Vacuum Cleaners are thinking on sponsoring the NRL finals

So much anger to rugby league Xam. Australian rugby union is in the doldrums at the moment. The national team has become a joke.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
So much anger to rugby league Xam. Australian rugby union is in the doldrums at the moment. The national team has become a joke.

Hehehe. It's not anger really. I just find it to be a dull version of the Union. I like the Eels uniform though hehehe. The Union at least as a World Cup (somebody else plays it at least, even if it's only British colonies and Argentinians who can't find other way to try to feel Europeans)
The Wallabies used to be the big thing but since other countries started getting better they just have been left behind (somewhere around the France World Cup came the transition).

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Any comments North Americans?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I read up on him and he's hoping to break in as a punt or kick returner. Do you know what his 40 yard dash is? He's a pretty big dude and if he's fast enough I'm sure a team would give him a tryout.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
1. You guys suck at tackling
If he is as fast as he looks against all those white boys I could see him on special teams and maybe as a fullback or as strong safety on d.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Fullback might be a good choice as well for sure

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
What are we talking about?

This guy. Here is his announcement interview. If you want to see an example of the guy's brilliance, have a look at 1:17 in the OP video.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Well, Jarryd Hayne has made a good start. He's been picked up by the SF 49ers for 3 years as undrafted free agent.

657598-f9104b86-c208-11e4-83e4-6c2c60814a51.jpg

Report here.

Last edited:
OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I read up on him and he's hoping to break in as a punt or kick returner. Do you know what his 40 yard dash is? He's a pretty big dude and if he's fast enough I'm sure a team would give him a tryout.

Apparently he ran a 4.53 40-yard dash in a December workout.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online