• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jethro Tull

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Just saw them in Windsor Ontario. Ian Anderson's voice hasn't changed to become horrible such as Pete Townsend for example. He sounds exactly like my vinyls. Played a 20ish minute Thick as a Brick and a goofy new song called Hare in the Winecup about a rabbit that lived in his garden but got eaten by his dog. Locomotive Breath encore was really really amazing. Martin Barre was great too but Anderson's still got it. Old bastards...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Anyone who can rock out with a flute is OK in my books. "snot is running down his nose"..........................

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Jake----You going "old school" Tull is the koolest. When I was at UW-Madison one of my buds would play Tull tones (he played flute too) in the parking ramps on campus. The acoustics were awesome.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Tull is the koolest. My girlfriend said, "What band are you going to see?" She loves Bungle in the Jungle, so I told her the band that plays that. "Oh, I love that band" lol

My roommate and I have decided it is our mission to collect as many Jethro Tull vinyls as we can. All we have is Aqualung, Thick as a Brick, and Songs From the Wood. Working on it though. Hard to find sometimes...

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I remember an article about Ian Anderson which stated he was one of the richest musicians in Great Britain...apparently he invested wisely, a few inventions patented and bought tons of real estate.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I remember an article about Ian Anderson which stated he was one of the richest musicians in Great Britain...apparently he invested wisely, a few inventions patented and bought tons of real estate.

I believe he was into fish farming: salmon. Back in the late 70's I saw Tull a couple times. During one tour one of the band members was a guy that played an electric violin. So loud it was ridiculous. One of the shows that contributed to my poor hearing.

What?

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts