• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jim Furyk using new putter?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Didn't he use a 2 Ball for like forever? He was using something different yesterday at Torrey Pines South.

That South course is a monster. Way too long IMHO.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
He was using one of the new Black Series #9. According to Faldo, Furyk felt that he was holding the face open on his putting stroke with the 2-Ball, and wanted to switch to something with a little more weight in the toe.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yup, new putter. He mentioned it at the show. His 2-ball had been in his bag for several years and he had just made the change over a few weeks ago.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I like the looks of the black #9 but for not for 270 bucks, you can buy the white hot #9 for a fraction of that. I believe I will stick with my old odyssey blade for another season.

Jason

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Not surprised he changed putter. He threw away the last 2 US Opens by leaking makeable putts to the right. He probably just needed a chage to get the magic back.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
He's gone through about 3-4 putters this season before settling on the last for the playoffs.

Been using a long neck Scotty early/mid season for a while. With that silly upside down grip.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
.... and Jim changes putters again. Pays $39 in a golf shop to change putters & win the Fedex Cup. That's including the discount because it was second hand. Nice. :)

Tour Championship Notebook: Jim Furyk wins with second-hand $39 putter | PGA Tour | PGA.com

Furyk paid less ($39.00) for his Yes! putter than WBL paid ($59.00) for his new "broomstick". Furyk won something like $11.5 million with this "el cheapo". Does that mean WBL is soon to win upwards of $12 million with his "high dollar" putter??

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Because it's unorthodox...but hey, anything to trick the mind to keep it from yip jerking the putter.

You seem offended, you must use an upside down, split, cross handed claw grip to putt. Nothing wrong with that, don't be so sensitive Dave.

🔥 Latest posts