• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jim McLean's Slot Swing

jlaurino

Aug 20, 2009
Hey again everyone! I received some very bad feedback upon my book recommendations, because a lot of you thought I was just a spammer with no life. :shocked:

So, I've posted a picture below of the book The Slot Swing by Jim McLean just to prove I have received an advance copy from a publishing rep who asked me to read it over. As far as increasing the lag on your swing, McLean doesn't seem to touch on this specifically, although he does walk through every step of the swing and focuses a lot on the downswing. The tips McLean provides about the downswing include rotating hips, arms and hands trailing lower body's motion, and the lower body moving towards your target. Again, I'm sorry for causing any commotion in the forums. Just trying to help! Thanks! :D

0827091337.jpg
0827091311a.jpg
0827091311a.jpg
0827091337.jpg

295yards

May 5, 2009
Hey again everyone! I received some very bad feedback upon my book recommendations, because a lot of you thought I was just a spammer with no life. :shocked:

So, I've posted a picture below of the book The Slot Swing by Jim McLean just to prove I have received an advance copy from a publishing rep who asked me to read it over. As far as increasing the lag on your swing, McLean doesn't seem to touch on this specifically, although he does walk through every step of the swing and focuses a lot on the downswing. The tips McLean provides about the downswing include rotating hips, arms and hands trailing lower body's motion, and the lower body moving towards your target. Again, I'm sorry for causing any commotion in the forums. Just trying to help! Thanks! :D

View attachment 12589
View attachment 12588

:diespam:

Come on? Thats funny!

OP
J

jlaurino

Aug 20, 2009
Come on? Thats funny!

I'm glad you find it humorous, but one of the members on the last post said that since the book hadn't come out yet it was impossible that I had read it. I think it's quite fair for me to defend myself. Wouldn't you?

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
Welcome to Shottalk. There's a few on here that just can't wait to jump on spammers and other random things. Just ignore them and you'll see that there's a good group here.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Spammers try to get something for nothing, and that doesn't sit well with a lot of people...for good reason. You're first post was perfect spammer format...thats why everyone jumped...i do not fault them one bit.

So long as you aren't trying to get free advertising for your wares on this site, you will be accepted just like everyone else.

Welcome to Shottalk!

295yards

May 5, 2009
I'm glad you find it humorous, but one of the members on the last post said that since the book hadn't come out yet it was impossible that I had read it. I think it's quite fair for me to defend myself. Wouldn't you?

Of course it's fair for you to defend yourself. I was only playing man. Gotta be able to laugh at the whole situation is all.
FWIW, I've been called alot worse than a spammer.

295yards

May 5, 2009

View attachment 12589
View attachment 12588

As far as McLean not touching on increasing lag, I think you are wrong. His approach may be just different. It's my opinion lag is created when you generate more centrifugal forces on the clubhead via proper sequencing and swingspeed which is the staple of McLean teachings.
"Lag", to me is another common misconception used by teaching pros when comparing PGA tour pros to 90mph swingers on frame by frame slo-mo video.
It's no different than trying to get your car up on two tires rounding a tight corner ridiculously slow.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Your short review just puts me off, he says nothing new, increase lag, rotating hips, arms and hands trailing, focusing on the downswing..........hardly radical is it?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Your short review just puts me off, he says nothing new, increase lag, rotating hips, arms and hands trailing, focusing on the downswing..........hardly radical is it?

Exactly what I was thinking. Does he also suggest a descending blow to the golf ball with irons? NUTS!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005

That was me. I also told you that if the intent of the thread wasn't to spam the board to ignore me.

Stick around if you like. We can be fun.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.