• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jiminez is a cool dude!

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
As the final round got underway on Sunday, fewer and fewer golfers were left on the practice range...

Jiminez was at one end, Sergio at the other with a couple of guys in the middle.

Jiminez was chatting with his caddy as he smoked his big ole cigar. Then he looked over at Sergio...kicked a ball forward...and chipped it towards the youngster as he was lining up a practice drive...the ball landed about 5 feet in front of him and rolled towards his bucket, startling him out of his preparations.

Sergio raised his arms in that Spanish way, looked around, saw Jiminez laughing and gave a shrug and a shake of his head and carried on.

Was a great moment to see.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
That's it?

I thought you were going to tell us he invited you out for drinks after the match or something. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ya, me too.

"Jimi and I went to a strip club. Things got a little 'blue' from then til the end of the night....or should I say the next morning around 8am....me head is killing me and this tattoo is never gonna go over with the wife!"

:D

R35

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
He's still got it!

AMJ casting a spell at the Nedbank Challenge 2014. Then finished 6th in the event.

2014-pre-event-GLP_8823.jpg

2014-pre-event-GLP_8842.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
blog-jimenez-interview-0430.jpg

On keeping up with the young guns on the golf course:

"When I play with these young boys and I see how they hit the ball, I know that my strength is not their strength. My muscles do not work the same. I cannot match their distance. I don't recover as quickly as they do. And the path they have to walk is much longer than the path I have left to walk. But I still have a path to walk. Always. So when you tell me I'm dead, well, you are completely wrong."

On Darren Clarke being named the next European Ryder Cup captain:

"I'm not disappointed, I'm happy for him. But I hope my turn is next because I am not getting younger."

On whether or not his English played a role in him being captain:

"You understand me, right? O.K. then. The Ryder Cup is decided by the players' clubs, not the captain's English."

On putting a bad round at the Masters in perspective:

"I am here with the sun shining, I'm surrounded by friends and family, tonight I will eat good food, drink good wine, smoke a good cigar and make love to my beautiful wife. It's a good life, no?"

And finally, on the haters, not that he has many:

"I come from a different generation. And I'm not a hypocrite. I don't hide the way I am. If I want to have a drink, I have a drink. Why shouldn't I? Is it illegal to drink alcohol? Is tobacco illegal? So why should I care if people see me smoking? I do what I do out in the open. If people have a problem with that they can stick their tongue up their ass and let the rest of us do what we want to do."

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yeah seems like it. KB got pissed off when AMJ was questioning his lie and told KBs caddie to shut up. KB got right up in his face and was wanting to knock him out lol.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
In KBs defense, he was just defending his caddy, MAJ had no right to interject, then tell the caddy to shut up. I'm also a KB fan, so I would've loved to see him drop the old man, mostly for the beautiful gif's that would've spawned from that.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Do players normally comment on another player getting a ruling?

🔥 Latest posts