• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

John Daly Suspended!!!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
ecalrk

I mean its plainly ridiculous to state this guy shouldn't have 'air time'. The internet isn't full, he isn't a terrorist or dictator, he is fat guy who drinks to much, its what forums are for, to discuss golfers. I find the whole concept of not discussing him because he shouldn't have the publicity hilariously over the top

OP
charnockpro

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Sadly there are PGA Tour players who have worse offences such as Class A drugs addictions to their name but because they were a golden boy at the time the rumors and truths were swept under the carpet.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I get bored easily with pro-golf, certainly outside of the majors and the joke that is the Fed EX whatever. Sometimes we need some sex and drugs and rock and roll to liven things up a bit.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Sometimes we need some sex and drugs and rock and roll to liven things up a bit.
How did we go from John Daly to dave's personal life so quickly?? :D

I will always like John Daly, but that doesn't mean I will always support him. He's simply one of those guys who have wasted the talent he has. Not the first, nor will he be the last.

I will say, it's a blast when he's on and leading a tournament! Or, it was...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I will say, it's a blast when he's on and leading a tournament! Or, it was...

Yeah, tons of fun to watch

Hes kinda like the real life 'Happy Gilmore'...but instead of going from bad to good, he is doing the opposite.

So lets say John does get into rehab, gets his life back on track, etc.

How much of a force would he be on tour? Does he still have what it takes to be competitive today barring his vices or is he simply washed up?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I think if he cleaned up and truly focused on his game, he could be top 25 easy and a serious contender for top 10. When he puts together 3-4 days of his A game, he's as good as anybody on tour IMHO.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
but that doesn't mean I will always support him. He's simply one of those guys who have wasted the talent he has. Not the first, nor will he be the last.

I love John Daly, always have! But you're right. It doesn't mean for a second that i will always support the man. He clearly has some problems and some issues unrelated to golf that need dealing with. I really do hope he takes the time to get his life in order.

I think if he cleaned up and truly focused on his game, he could be top 25 easy and a serious contender for top 10. When he puts together 3-4 days of his A game, he's as good as anybody on tour IMHO.

Big John has some game that's for sure! I agree that when playing his A game He is a good as anyone currently on Tour. I think with his personal life in order and refocused on his golf, he could contend or at the very least survive on tour.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

If he does any of the above, I'll give you my entire bag.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't think he ever will, I simply believe he still has that potential level of skill.

The fat boy's got game!

Undeniable. That's never been in doubt.

But, he refuses to admit that he has issues, so that makes him a safe bet to be the failure that he seems to love to be.

Really unfortunate.

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've often said, he could pay me a salary of a 1/4 of what he drinks and gambles away a year, my whole job would be to follow him around and slap him upside the head before he does or says something stupid. He could be a top level pro again and I'd be rich. Sounds like a good gig to me? :D

Getting to hang out a Hooters all the time would make it worth it, :thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.