• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

John Daly

jd380yd

Clay
Jan 18, 2006
Hi, How many people on this site know who John Daly is? He is my favorite golfer because his life story really inspires me..As it does a lot of people.Who are your predictions for the Masters? Do you think Tiger can pull it off again? Comments, Thoughts?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
John Daly? Who's that? :D

What part of his life story inspires you....the fact that he won the British Open as an alternate or that he's on his 4th wife?

John is a great guy, but he's not perfect.

Welcome to the board, BTW.:)

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Don't forget the diet coke. He drinks that like he owns the company.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Rockford35 said:
John Daly? Who's that? :D

What part of his life story inspires you....the fact that he won the British Open as an alternate or that he's on his 4th wife?

John is a great guy, but he's not perfect.

Welcome to the board, BTW.:)

R35

"British Open""?? wtf?

Dunno about that one, but he won The Open.

And he's in Abu Dhabi just now, I may see him this afternoon.

I'd never heard of him before, but did a google and saw a picture of him so will know who to look for. He's the big bloke, right?

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I like anyone not affraid to get married 4 times.:)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I did not realize he was an alternate for the The Open when he won. I do know that he was 9th alternate at Crooked Stick when he won the PGA with that awesome mullet head.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
"British Open""?? wtf?

Dunno about that one, but he won The Open.

And he's in Abu Dhabi just now, I may see him this afternoon.

I'd never heard of him before, but did a google and saw a picture of him so will know who to look for. He's the big bloke, right?

Lol, well you could say RF35 is rite, as Americans call the us open "the open" and the British call the British open "the open", therfore he isn't inncorrect, as Americans call ours the british open and we call there's the us open.

Lol, nah he's 5 2" and 120 lbs you must have the wrong guy.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
The master said:
Lol, well you could say RF35 is rite, as Americans call the us open "the open" and the British call the British open "the open", therfore he isn't inncorrect, as Americans call ours the british open and we call there's the us open.

Lol, nah he's 5 2" and 120 lbs you must have the wrong guy.

Have to disagree with you, Master.

The official name for the U.S. Open is...The U.S. Open Championship.

http://www.pga.com/tournaments/usopen/2005/index.cfm

The Open is, officially, The Open Championship.

http://www.opengolf.com/

Rock and his chums can whine, stamp their feet and choose to call it whatever they want, but it doesn't make them right. It is what it is. The Open.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Give R35 a break... he just mixed up Daly's 2 majors no big deal ;) Rock was prob in a Daly stupor.

BTW - I find him hardly inspiring.... Rockford that is :biglol:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I did see him try to hit a shot over Niagara Falls. Only managed to reach the rocks on one of the 20 shots. I also saw he designed a course up in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. It is supposed to be a nice course. It opened the day we were up there, so we opted for The Legends, which is one of the nicer courses I have played. Maybe I'll check it out next time I am up there.

Golf Magazine is running a campaign to try and have him as a Captains pick for the Ryder Cup.

🔥 Latest posts