• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jordan Spieth: 'I Guess It Was My Day'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

The highlights of a thrilling conclusion to the Valspar Championship.

JORDAN SPIETH WON THE VALSPAR CHAMPIONSHIP at always tough Innisbrook (Copperhead Course) in Palm Harbor, Florida. Spieth sealed his second PGA Tour victory by sinking a long birdie putt on the third hole of a sudden-death playoff with Patrick Reed and Sean O'Hair.

The final holes and playoff were as good as it gets for a regular tour event. The Spieth-Reed-O'Hair drama delivered in a big way.

"It was a crazy back nine being three down with six to play," Spieth told Golf Channel's Steve Sands.

"That was the best Michael and I have ever done together. Just the scrambling coming in; those par saves coming in. That putt [on the final green] was just luck. If that doesn’t hit the hole, I have a four-foot slider. I guess it was my day."

Spieth and Reed fought hard, even when their shotmaking was far from stellar at times.

"Patrick Reed and Jordan Spieth are two of the most confident guys out here," said NBC golf announcer Dan Hicks. "It just exudes. They are going to get it done. And they have proved that today."

Third-round leader Ryan Moore missed the playoff by two shots.

"This will sting," said NBC golf analyst Gary Koch. "The position he was in early in the back nine, it looked like he was in control."

Source: Jordan Spieth: 'I Guess It Was My Day'

🔥 Latest posts