• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

JS wants new grips, and would like your input.

What would you suggest?

• Lamkin Crossline 580 reb/blue $3.39

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lamkin Crossline 580 $2.89

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Golf Pride DD2 $5.35

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Golf Pride Tour Velvit $3.00

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Multi Compound $7.55

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other. ---------

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Interesting. What kind of weight difference were you getting with the DX-2's?

I only had the DX-2 on my Gap Wedge and noticed no significant wear issues compared the the GP, but then again this was after using Winn Excels which really had wear issues after a few months of heavy use.

I had a batch that were as much as 3 grams per grip difference, that equates to a lot of SW points. I also had wear spots on the driver grip after hitting less than 200 balls. With the lamkins I can easily hit 1500 balls before any signs of wear.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Thats the one. I meant no paint in all the little holes, see the regular crossline for an example.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Scott

I think he means as opposed to the standard Crossline,which has white infills.I don't think he meant the Black which has white trims.I prefer the standard Crossline tbh,slightly harder which I prefer

Poe4soul

Feb 3, 2006
Lamkin used to make a 1/4 cord grip. It was sweet. I haven't seen them in a year or so. I'm using full cord Lamkins but the Golf Pride 1/2 cords look sweet.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I have the original Dual Durometer (GP) and I love them. Great grip if you want nice feedback with a softer feel.

fore142

Oct 22, 2006
i have had the mc for 2 years and have not noticed any real wear issues. If you keep them clean they will last you a very long time.

🔥 Latest posts