• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

JS's Top Flite D2 FEEl review.

Jun 24, 2006
Ok, I played 18 holes with this ball today. Not fricking bad, not bad at all. I like the feel around the greens. Gets loads of spin, feels Okay, GREAT durrability. I shot 74 with this ball today. Plenty long. Putts good. I LOVE it around the greens, it's a one hop and stop ball. For the price you cant go wrong if you dont wanna shell out $60 for a dozen prov's or callys. I wont hesitate to use this ball on any given day. Tomorrow I will play the B330-s and decide which I like better. I wouldent be suprised if it was the D2. It is a truely awesome CHEAP DURRABLE ball that DOES GET PLENTY OF SPIN. I can see many people going to this ball as their gamer.

used the same ball for 19 holes and it still looks GREAT. I hit one pitch shot with a B330-s and I could easily see the scuff on the cover. WTF is that!?. I wont buy more 330's. Srixon sometings is what I will probably try next.

in closeing, give this ball a try. It's a good quality ball.

No pics:), my bag is at the course.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I actually played a round with my local Callaway rep and he dropped one in the fairway for me to hit with an 8 iron. Spun it back off the green, looked at him and said "what the f--- was that?" Very solid ball, especially for the price.
He gave me a bunch of sample packs that say whohastheballstogoforit.com or something like that one them, very good advertising campaign.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
This may be one of the best balls on the market right now, nevermind the best sub $20 for 15 freaking balls.

Callaway has, with one swoop, revitalized the dying top-flight line. In doing so, Callaway will become the number 1 golf ball seller in the world. This really is an amazing ball. The FEEL that is, I have not tried the other 2 versions and dont really see the need to.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
The free D2 box I got was the DISTANCE model, and I have played them for the past 2 rounds. Great distance, but a little lacking in the stop-on-the-green department.

Of course, that could have been me, cause my game sucked today. Jeez.

If I didn't already have about 200 brand new balls, I'd be buying some D2 Feel for sure.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I tried these balls last week and I definitely liked them. They putt nice too. I think I paid $15/15pk. at WalMart. Best playing bargain ball I can remember, I definitely didn't expect it from a "Top Rock"... :laugh:

I guess I can't generically call the brand that anymore as these things are definitely NOT rocks. :D

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Thanks for the review. I just picked up a box today. I am going to try them out this weekend. They are very different looking with the small dimples inside the dimple.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
I picked up a box a couple weeks ago, and have had a chance to play a couple rounds with them.

I really like these. I won't even come close to saying that they're as good as a tour ball, but for my game (and budget), I am having a hard time finding enough wrong with them to make my go back to my Cally HX Tours (except for extremely windy or dry days when I can make my HX Tours pierce the wind or stop on a dry green).

I got the FEEL ball, and I like it. It doesn't spin very much, but I didn't expect it to. Still, I feel like I can control this ball very well with my wedges.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I picked some up last week and just played them yesterday. I am giving up playing my Titleist DT Solo's and will be playing the D2 Feel from now on. This ball was great on and around the green and even with my woods and irons. I am not really good enough to put much spin on the ball but I was able to make it stop on the greens. I also had my best putting round ever with this ball yesterday. For the money this cannot be beat.

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
Bought 15 of them for 15 bucks played a round with them today, defenitly my new ball of choice. Great price too!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I played today with D2 distance. Holy shit is this a long ball. Easily the longest ball I have ever played. I may use this POS all the time as I hit my irons so high stopping this isnt a problem. Putts and chips decently for a distance ball as well.
10-15 yards longer than the FEEL version and at least 1 full iron.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
I played today with D2 distance. Holy shit is this a long ball. Easily the longest ball I have ever played. I may use this POS all the time as I hit my irons so high stopping this isnt a problem. Putts and chips decently for a distance ball as well.
10-15 yards longer than the FEEL version and at least 1 full iron.

That reminds me..I still have about a dozen FEELS left. Forgot about them :laugh:

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
wow the distance is good too. I thought the feel felt great off the tee and around the greens. I have heard good things about the feel and distance, but not the straight?

🔥 Latest posts