• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

JS's Top Flite D2 FEEl review.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I heard the straight has a coating on it to reduce spin and that as it wears off, so does the "straight".

Haven't played them, and the above may be horse hockey.

stickerballpro

Apr 6, 2007
So there really that good. My freind told me they are. But I didn't blieve him. I'll have to buy a pack and try them out for myself

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
any word on how these handle the wind? there's a feel and distance version, any others?

you're making me want to try some.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
any word on how these handle the wind? there's a feel and distance version, any others?

you're making me want to try some.

I'll bring some extra D2 Feels with me on Thur. and you can try them if you want. ;)

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
played 9 holes with a D2 Feel on Saturday - I was running to the tee with my shoes untied and that was the ball I grabbed first and stuck on a tee -
I birdied the first hole par 5 - driver, hybrid, chip, putt
bogeyed the second because I hit my 9 iron 10 yards further than I had expected to (8,9,PW,AW were new too so I didn't blame the ball),
Doubled the 3rd hole because of a bad drive (horrible swing) requiring a chip out, then hit 10 yards further than expected with my 8 iron (OK, maybe the ball goes further than I expected)
Parred 4-9 because I learned the D2 feel is a little longer than the other balls I play and adjusted accordingly

2 over after 9 was actually my best round since I started playing again last year after almost 10 yrs away from the game

I couldn't believe how much I liked this $1.07 ball. I got good distance out of it. it stuck to most of the greens I hit. it was great around the greens, and felt good off the putter (I didn't putt well, missed 3 birdie putts from <8')

My hit my new irons higher than my old irons because of the shafts - I'm going to switch from the Bridgestone e5 to the e6, but will give the D2 feel a chance against the e6 when I pick them up

For the price, a great ball to have kicking around

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I picked up a box of D2 Straights on Sunday and really liked them. I did notice they wouldn't stick well around the green, and chipping is probably the strongest point of my novice game. Read up on them and read the coating to help keep them straight prevented spin, so I picked up some D2 Feel balls as well. I look forward to trying them out, especially since I can't afford to buy the $50/dozen balls. I just lose too many. :D

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
That reminds me I still have a few sleeves of these.

I'll take em to the course in the morning. See how they perform in August.:laugh:

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
I'm loving these D2's! I've tried plenty of cheap balls in my short time golfing, and these just feel better and better. Last night I found a DT So/Lo (used a box of these before, liked them too) on the course along with a Nike Spin ball and some sort of Pinnacle ball. Instead of waiting for the foursome in front of me, with no one behind me, I played them all. The feel of the D2 Feel was definately superior, though it did seem to jump off the putter a bit more.

Until I can be confident of my ability to make use of more expensive balls, these will be what I use for a while. I can't get enough. The ball I put through the paces yesterday has been through 18 holes and looks new, but I'm not going to comment on durability. If I can keep playing it without losing it, I'll post something. :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I bought a box of 15 D2-Feel balls at Walmart and played them last week. All I can say is that I'm changing my plans.

I was going to buy five dozen of my current ball, Black Max's (since they're discontinued, and can now be had for $20/doz.). My question to myself is now: Why?

The D2/Feel is a great ball. Longer, better feel, straighter. If I could give it one criticism, it's that it doesn't spin as much as the Black Max on short iron shots. But who cares? For $1.00 a ball, I'm McLovin' it. It's my new gamer.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That or he as seen the previews for "Super Bad".:laugh:
icon12.gif

I'm a movie quote ho in training.

🔥 Latest posts