• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Juniors club sets

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What do you guys like for the juniors club sets? She's 10, but somewhat tall for her age. Doesn't need to be top-o-the-line or anything. Gender neutral would be great so my son can use them as he gets older without me having to paint fill.

My MIL wants to get my daughter a new set of clubs for her birthday. She's not interested in me building the clubs out of components...she wants her to open a box with a bag and clubs and everything in it.

Max $200.

Go.

I'm seeing some Nike VRS and Ping Moxie sets on amazon. I haven't had much time to research.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
My son got Ping Moxies when he was like 10. By 12 the shafts were too whippy for him and he had outgrown the length. Luckily my younger son was able to inherit them. He too has outgrown them by 11 and we are giving them to our friends who have a 4 year old. I think they're a great set and would recommend them to anyone with small kids, but as a tall 10 year old she might already be beyond them. FWIW, my 11 year old is 5' tall now and he outgrew them probably by about 4'-8".

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
My son got Ping Moxies when he was like 10. By 12 the shafts were too whippy for him and he had outgrown the length. Luckily my younger son was able to inherit them. He too has outgrown them by 11 and we are giving them to our friends who have a 4 year old. I think they're a great set and would recommend them to anyone with small kids, but as a tall 10 year old she might already be beyond them. FWIW, my 11 year old is 5' tall now and he outgrew them probably by about 4'-8".
Interesting. The Nike Size 2 say they are designed for golfers in the 52-61" range...which is a very wide range, so pull out the marketing bull shit and it's probably closer to 54-58" which I believe she's at 53" right now...

That's where I'm leaning as they seem to be the best clubs that fit her in that price range. She has a callaway set right now, but we got those on a steal. The next set in those is pushing $300.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

Hadn't heard of these people before...look nice.

Only $4/club back...I figured it would be a bit more...but it's better than nothing I guess. Although, I had offers for my daughters old set at almost twice that price.

Both of my boys played these as their first set, actually still used a couple of them in middle school. They were actually very good quality clubs for what they were. I would highly recommend you at least look into them.

Members online