• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just as on "Big Brother", as HOH the eviction is final....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We've had a nice young man occasionally join our group. In the past few months, however, he's not joined us until yesterday... Sunday. We had 8 players and broke into two foursomes. Our foursome was first off. When we finished 18, I went back to check on the other 4... mainly to just see how they were playing. They were just hitting to #14... 5 holes behind us. SIL was in that group and said the young man referenced above had really slowed them down.
This morning, he joined us again. We only had 5 and played as such. The front nine took longer than we are used to playing 18!!! He went ballistic when anyone would talk, cough, a bird would chirp, etc. as he was putting. He'd have to line up the putt from 4 directions. Practice swings on the tee... at least 6 or 8. The rest of the group was getting restless.
At the turn, I stated... "Play ready golf! Someone hit and hit quickly! We are way behind our usual time and we have to pick it up!" The young man knew I was talking directly to him. So, he said... "If you don't want me in your group, say so and I'll play behind you guys." I told him, "We always have the first tee time because we all play quickly and we want to finish and have the remainder of the day with our families." He got in his cart and drove off.
The other 3 thanked me. Having played with us before, he knew we play ready golf and don't waste time. It was almost as if he had the "Kevin Na syndrome". Everything had to be perfect and the slightest movement or noise would interrupt his pulling the trigger.
On a muni type course, with players of all levels and backgrounds, a little noise cannot effect you. You will hear balls hitting trees, people visiting on nearby tee boxes, an occasional yelp of delight or shout of disgust. I doubt the young man will be back to join us. But, for the good of the group, we had to have the eviction.

Unrepentant 60s kid

Aug 30, 2012
I can tolerate delayed play if somebody is struggling. We all had to learn, and it's a difficult game.

What you described is something altogether different, however, and I have to agree with your position 100%.

🔥 Latest posts