• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just do it!

shank

Jan 16, 2008
Well hackers, I broke down and took some lessons. It's a one hour drive each way and the gas is killing me right now.
First, I should say that if you are on the fence about getting lessons, go for it. My instructor is totally awesome and my iron work and swing is totally different than a few days ago. I've only had had two lessons so far and the distance added is unreal. The 5-6 iron are at least 75 yards farther than before. A nice bonus is there is a slight fade to my shots now when hit correctly.
I'd have never figured this out without lessons.

Just a happy customer here in West Texas. The internet will never fill the void of a good instructor.

Thanks, now move on!

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Good deal man. I had the same experience, took a few lessons over the winter. The guy really didn't tell me all that much, and the stuff he told me is nothing I haven't read at least a dozen times in little articles and forum posts and such. But they were the things I needed to concentrate on. Basically he took all the useless information out of my head - all the stuff I've read, and all the little BS tips playing partners throw out (unsolicited) when I made a bad shot. He really boiled down my bad shots to a few fundamental errors, and gave me easy to grasp ways of fixing them. Granted it hasn't made me great by any stretch, but as long as I think about taming those couple of things my bad shots are still at least vaguely useful, instead of two fairways over or 20 feet forward. Fixing problems is a whole lot easier when a trained eye tells you what problems you actually have.

Glad it's working out for you :thumbs up:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Trust me, in the end the inconvenience will be more than worth it. I have another round of lessons scheduled beginning this Friday myself, the best money and time you'll spend on your golf game.

Members online

No members online now.