• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just got done doing my first shaft pulls.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
For $2.08, you can get a 44 tooth steel blade from Home Depot. Hell, I'll send you one of my 4 hacksaws.

Statistics show that 1 in 9 people that own a table saw will injure themselves within their lifetime. I see this as being an avenue to doing that.

Extreme, tho. :laugh:

R35

OP
gunning4u

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Well today was almost a disaster

I went to UPS and picked up my shafts this morning and got home and got started reshafting. Come to find out the hard way the Taylormade LT2 require a special ferrule to fit over the lip on the very end of the neck. Before I ordered everything I called golf smith and even e-mailed Taylormade and they both said a regular .370 ferrule would work. So I called one of the custom fit techs at TM this morning and he said he would send me the ferrules as soon as possible but couldn’t guarantee that I get them by Fri, which is a problem because I playing in a tournament on Sun. So I called around and found a golf galaxy that had them took the 1 hr drive and picked them up. Got home and found out the are a lot harder to install than I thought. After you get everything epoxyed up you have to almost snap them into place pulling them towards the housel. The first two were hard because I had so much epoxy they didn’t want to set in tight. On a few of them I had to place the clubhead in my chest put the butend against the wall and twist and pull the ferrule to get it set in. Now that I think of it the ferrules were very easy to get on the shaft and they slid up and down a bit, maybe I should have snapped them on the housel first and then installed the head and ferrule as one piece. All I know is there on now and I will be cutting the shafts tomorrow and drinking beer tonight because I don’t have to work until Tuesday.
:laugh:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well today was almost a disaster

I went to UPS and picked up my shafts this morning and got home and got started reshafting. Come to find out the hard way the Taylormade LT2 require a special ferrule to fit over the lip on the very end of the neck. Before I ordered everything I called golf smith and even e-mailed Taylormade and they both said a regular .370 ferrule would work. So I called one of the custom fit techs at TM this morning and he said he would send me the ferrules as soon as possible but couldn’t guarantee that I get them by Fri, which is a problem because I playing in a tournament on Sun. So I called around and found a golf galaxy that had them took the 1 hr drive and picked them up. Got home and found out the are a lot harder to install than I thought. After you get everything epoxyed up you have to almost snap them into place pulling them towards the housel. The first two were hard because I had so much epoxy they didn’t want to set in tight. On a few of them I had to place the clubhead in my chest put the butend against the wall and twist and pull the ferrule to get it set in. Now that I think of it the ferrules were very easy to get on the shaft and they slid up and down a bit, maybe I should have snapped them on the housel first and then installed the head and ferrule as one piece. All I know is there on now and I will be cutting the shafts tomorrow and drinking beer tonight because I don’t have to work until Tuesday.
:laugh:

Awesome work.

And good work on the beers too. ;)

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online