• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just had the best round of my life...

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
Not too much for all the better players here, but in wet and windy conditions I managed to shoot a level par 70 in the monthly medal yesterday. Best to date before was a 71, but this was a bit more special due to the conditions and the nature of the round. We have two par 3's on our nine hole course, and the 1st is a pretty easy 150 yard and I managed to flipping bogey it twice!

$ bogeys and 4 birdies in the 18 including a tricky 10 footer on the last for par and I managed my first level par 18 holes - dead chuffed with that and got a cut from 7.6 to 6.6 for my troubles.

The problem with my home course is that the SSS is 67 and the CSS pretty much never goes above 67 either so getting a cut is a hard worked thing! (Means to get my next .2 off and actually drop to a 6 handicap I'm going to have to shoot a 73 - well, the pro may GP me though!!)

Either way, for the time being I'm revelling in it :D

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Congrats mate :thumbs up:

Can't wait for my 1st real comp of the season. We're playing stupid team comps at the moment & it's lift clean and place for the next month or so, so it's not until April that we can play for our handicap's!!!!

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Excellent job. Incedentally I had possibly the worst round of my life yesterday, so I helped you keep the worldwide average score up where it should be.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Excellent job. Incedentally I had possibly the worst round of my life yesterday, so I helped you keep the worldwide average score up where it should be.

Thanks for taking one for the team :) Can't let these curve killers influence the averages!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Either way, for the time being I'm revelling in it :D
Excellent round!!!! Go ahead and "revel". You deserve it! Those are the rounds that make the frustrating days worth it. Good job!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Well done, Dale. I can only dream of coming close to a round like that.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
outstanding----A round like that in less than optimum conditions is great

🔥 Latest posts