• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just introducing myself

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
Hi, my name is Matthew Roberts, I have already posted a few messages on this forum, and just thought I'd introduce myself.

I have been playing golf for about 3 years, and have only broke 100 once, but I am starting to get really serious about the game now. I am reading and learning a lot more now, and my game is starting to really improve.

Then I came across this forum, and just can't stop pposting on it. I can't explain how much this one forum has helped me, so thanks.

And that's about all I have to say for now, looking forward to talking some more golf.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Hi Matthew
Tell us more what age are you, what are your strenghts and weakness's on the course. etc etc you get the idea

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Hi Matthew. I'm John. I live in New England, RI to be exact. I too am entering my 3rd year of playing. I just turned 30 and play a lot with my dad. I broke 100 last year as well as 90 but still go over 100 occasionally. My driver tends to get me in a bit of trouble and I usually make it worse by trying a miracle shot to recover.

OP
Matthew_22

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
Well, I am 18 years old, and actually live in Australia.

Umm, as far as strength and weaknesses go, my short game is my best, especially putting. All I really need to do is practice more to get it more consistent.

Any shot over about 100m (about 100yards) I tend to have trouble with. It has a lot to do with the smoothness and consistency of my swing I think, so I am looking into getting help with that.

I usually get a fair few pars, sometimes even a birdie if I'm lucky, but its usually 3 or so holes that I get double or triple bogies (or worse) that really let my total score down. Once I sort that are of my game out, I think I will be breaking 100 and even 90 fairly consistently. (hopefully)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Matthew_22 said:
Well, I am 18 years old, and actually live in Australia.

Umm, as far as strength and weaknesses go, my short game is my best, especially putting. All I really need to do is practice more to get it more consistent.

Any shot over about 100m (about 100yards) I tend to have trouble with. It has a lot to do with the smoothness and consistency of my swing I think, so I am looking into getting help with that.

I usually get a fair few pars, sometimes even a birdie if I'm lucky, but its usually 3 or so holes that I get double or triple bogies (or worse) that really let my total score down. Once I sort that are of my game out, I think I will be breaking 100 and even 90 fairly consistently. (hopefully)

Welcome Matthew....we would especially enjoy having some Aussie regulars here. We've had a few come and go and need the view from 'Down Under' on a regular basis.

Hope you will hang around....

b

Members online

No members online now.