• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just like Sunday's on TV

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
#9 is the #3 handicap hole on our home course. Dogleg right, 375 yards. Big cottonwood trees down the right side, with trees and the river running along the left. Bent a nice fade around the bend to about 135 this morning. Tossed an 8-iron just behind, and left, of the pin. The back of left rear of this green is elevated. Ball jumped out of its pitch mark and began coming back down the hill towards the pin. Rolled right into the hole for an eagle!!!:thumbs up: Our foursome carded 5, 5, 4, and.... my 2!!!!! As they say, those shots are what keeps bringing us back.

Oh, for the record that little iron shot was with a :smilie_pi!! (Just had to rub that in!!!)

I've talked a little about the trees we contend with. Our course just got their website up. Stagg Hill Golf Club - Home PAJayhawk has played there and knows how these big cottonwoods can move themselves out right in front of your ball.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Awesome shot. I'm constantly amazed that I actually keep playing this game.

Then, I hit a 200-yard shot out of the rough and watch it stop three feet from the pin.

Damn it.

5iron

Lol nice job dude, as for JEffs comment and the comeback... lol. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I've talked a little about the trees we contend with. Our course just got their website up. Stagg Hill Golf Club - Home PAJayhawk has played there and knows how these big cottonwoods can move themselves out right in front of your ball.
Nice Eagle!!!
Actually on our trip out, we ended up having to cancel the round at Stagg Hill, as we were supposed to stay and play with my wifes Uncle, and his daughter's husband passed away, so we ended up going to Topeka for the funeral that day and did not want to trouble them when they had family coming into town. Although we did play with him at Colbert Hills the day prior, we ended up playing Alvamar later that afternoon.

Look forward to playing there next time we are out. Hopefully next summer when my wife has her 25th class reunion. I will say that Colbert Hills put Alvamar to shame. That and anytime you can find tree's in Manhattan, it will make for a good day. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oh, I'm kidding anyway.

My lowest round ever was with Pings.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Oh, I'm kidding anyway.

My lowest round ever was with Pings.
I've owned/own Pings, and Mizuno. Although my lowest round ever was with my original cheap set of Wilson Tour Cast Irons, Adams Tight lies woods and a TM driver. Probably spent less on the entire set than either my current woods or irons. I think I spent under $100 on each wood, $200 on the irons, and $129 on the driver. My putter may have been the most expensive club in my bag, now it is likely the cheapest.

While maybe not my best round based on toughness of the course, I am still yet to shoot in the 70's with anything other than the Wilson's, Adams Tight lies woods and a TM driver

Guess it just goes to support the saying, it is not the arrow but the Indian. :)

While I wouldn't change my current bag for anything outside of maybe trying out a TEE FW, I am just now starting to play as well as I did back with the original set

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Way to go, awesome shot. I had one stop of rev. short with a SW yesterday for eagle myself. Gotta love those shots flying right at the stick... and when one goes in!!! I'm sure you'll remember that one for a while.
icon14.gif

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Nice shot, Limpy!!!!

Wait, maybe that's not the best nickname for you...hope Jeff doesn't see it!!

🔥 Latest posts