• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just Signing In

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
As the title says, I am just signing in to the forum. I am relatively new to the game; but long of tooth in real life. I am 69 years old and only started playing golf two years ago. I am retired from the US Army where I spent 28 years bypassing some great golfing opportunities. My son introduced me to the game; and now, I am hooked.

Most likely, I will do more reading than posting on the forum; because my game is still at the point where my need to learn far outweighs any meaningful contributions I could make here. I have yet to break the magic 100 barrier; although I am getting closer. Would have had it last week, were it not for a lipped-out 3 footer on #18. :mad:

Please bear with me should I ask dumb questions from time to time. Just remember that I am a well meaning newbie looking to get better. :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hiya Twogreen:

Its a great game and you are never to old to learn it. Have you started getting lessons yet??

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Welcome two...

Please keep in mind that meaningful contributions come in many forms. In my mind, just asking questions is meaningful in that it helps keep the board active and gives the know-it-all's something to keep them busy. :)

The majority here, as in real life, are higher handicap players who love the game and enjoy discussing the various daily tortures we all endure while trying to gain something resembling respectable play.

OP
twogreen

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Bravo said:
Hiya Twogreen:

Its a great game and you are never to old to learn it. Have you started getting lessons yet??

I took a series of lessons when I started playing; but didn't really play or practice enough at that time for the lessons to have much effect. I have recently bought a home on the second green (twogreen :)) of the course in a small golf community, and expect to be playing (and practicing) much more often now.

I am sure that I will reach the point where additional lessons are necessary.

🔥 Latest posts