• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just when you think you have your dream club...

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Alright, heres the story. Last week I won an Ebay auction for a Mizuno MX-500 11.5* driver. (cost me about $120)
So, I pay for it with Paypal and the seller tells me it will ship on Tuesday.
Today I get an e-mail from the seller saying that they cant find the club in their invetory, that they are investigating it as a possible theft and have refunded my money.
Kudos to the seller for treating me right, but its just like man, what are the odds???
Oh well, Im thinking about just buying a new Mizuno F-60 16.5". They list for $200 and with it being near the end of the season, I just might be able to get it for about the same as what that driver would have cost me.
Plus, considering how much I suck at hitting drive, a 16.5" fairway wood probably would work out better for me anyways.
Anyways, thats my whine for the day...:beach3:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I had that happen to me as well. Won a TEE 16.5* 4-Wood at a great price, get the item shipped message with tracking number, and then get the email that the item is not in stock. I got a refund, but it took 2 weeks. Though about reporting them for listing an item that did not exist in their stock, but that was back when sellers could submit negative feedback for buyers and I did not want to go through that battle.

OP
Bakemono36

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I posted about this on another golf forum I frequent and someone told me its very possible that they either have someone who is willing to pay more for it, had more than 1 auction for the club going on at once and someone else payed more for it or they decided to relist it and see if they can get more.
Oh well, life goes on. Im over it. Its not as if I got it THAT cheaply. Its an obsolete clubs and when you consider that list price for a new MX-560 is $300, it wasnt that great of a deal.
At least they refunded my money, thats all that really matters. It kind of annoys me because I had hoped that a high-lofted driver would help my driving, but its not the end of the world.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Its not like I needed another club at the time either. :D

I just wish I could have warned someone else about it without going through the negative feedback battle.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I bet he used that as an excuse because he didn't get what he wanted for it. keep an eye on that seller and see I'd he relist that same driver.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.