• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Justin Rose - 2017

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
He just won the Indonesian Masters.

View attachment 29687

He’s had a whale of a back end of the year.

He won’t be having much of a break because he’s off to Dubai in about 3 weeks time. So no time to go rusty.

2018 may be a year of another major.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I still remember Rose walking The Open Championship as an amateur with his Dad caddying for him. Everyone was rooting for him. Am I that old????

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I still remember Rose walking The Open Championship as an amateur with his Dad caddying for him. Everyone was rooting for him. Am I that old????

It’s a similar situation with “that” footage of a young Sergio. Heck, Rickie Fowler just turned 29. It seems like yesterday that he won the US Amateur.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You're old enough to remember when God carried Jesus's bag.
The showoff turned water into wine at the turn one day. Both of 'em were drunker 'en skunks when they finished the round! We had a good laugh when they couldn't stay balanced on the donkey and had to lead him out of the parking lot.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Justin Rose’s last 10 tournaments. [emoji15]
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1513598639.234390.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
So, in 40 consecutive competitive rounds he is averaging 3.3 strokes UNDER par. His highest score is a 72. What an easy game! Much too easy to even be challenging. The game is becoming entirely too boring. The USGA/R&A need to work to find ways of making the game more interesting.

Contact golf? Each player is given 3 tennis balls before starting a tournament round. You get to throw those three balls at a competitor during his swing/putt as the round progresses. If a foursome, you can choose to use one on each of the three competitors or all three on a single one of the competitors. Caddies are not allowed to warn their player without incurring a 2-stroke penalty.

Au natural golf? Each group will have a set number of streakers run across the fairway or close to the green as they are preparing to make the stroke. There will be an even number of male and female streakers. Female streakers will be required to weigh a minimum of 270 pounds. Male streakers must weigh at least 300 pounds. Players will be unaware of when a streaker may appear during their round.

New standards for golf club shafts? In all USGA/R&A sanctioned events, the stiffness of a golf clubs shaft must be no greater than what is considered 'Senior" or "Ladies" flex today. From driver through putter, anything stiffer is non-conforming. Spectators at Tour events will be required to wear hardhats since the wayward shots from a 110 mph swing with a 'Senior' shaft could compromise the dispersion of those shots.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Some context to his results.

25396030_1750544191635856_4528582405745582829_n.jpg

🔥 Latest posts