• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Justin Rose's secret leave Leadbetter & get better!!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I liked this article because I've never been a Leadbetter fan, anyone who wears his trousers that far up his chest just can't be trusted in my book!!!!

http://adserver.adtech.de/?adlink|5...itime=928652416;key=key=key1+key2+key3+key4+;

Rose hails coach Bradley
Order of Merit winner says simplicity has brought rewards

http://www.skypoker.com/poker/sky_lobby?aff=1400aimg.skysports.com_07_11_218x298_rosevalderrama_593258.jpg

Rose: Consistency the key

Justin Rose has credited coach Nick Bradley for turning him into a better player as he prepares for a year which should see him make his Ryder Cup debut.

The European Order of Merit winner has made huge strides under Bradley's guidance since his split from David Leadbetter in July 2006.
The 27-year-old has climbed to sixth in the world rankings after making an impact at all four majors in 2007.
In a stellar season, he won the Mastercard Masters and the Volvo Masters, while his worst finish at a European Tour event was a tie for 21st place.
All this was achieved despite a troublesome back injury, while Rose says the changes Bradley has introduced have helped him to find a greater level of consistency.

Onward and upward

"Since I've changed my coach my results have gone onward and upward and a large part of that is testament to Nick Bradley, he's introduced some changes to my game, the way I think about the game, he's really simplified the game a lot," Rose told Sky Sports News.
"We've been stripping the process down to keep it simple and any time you keep it simple it's a lot more reliable. My consistency has been great and I guess my year this year has been built around consistency."
Those outstanding results in 2007 make Rose a near certainty to qualify for Nick Faldo's Ryder Cup team, which will defend the trophy at Valhalla in September.
"I've said openly this year that I want to make the Ryder Cup team and I feel like I could and I should make the Ryder Cup team," he said.
"I think that's the first time I've ever felt that. In the past maybe I've felt that maybe I'm not quite ready for the Ryder Cup. I've got off to a great start, I'm leading the points right now."

English contenders

With Ryder Cup points in the bag, Rose intends to limit his schedule in 2008, eager to ensure there is no recurrence of his back injury.
And if he can stay fit and maintain his level of performance, he sees no reason why he cannot be one of a group of Englishman to challenge for the majors.
"I'm going to have quite a long off-season," he continued. "I'm going to work on my fitness and probably not start the year until February.
"I think there are five of us in the top 23 in the world at the moment and that's the strongest position English golf has been in for quite some time.
"There'll be a lot of kudos to the first guy who does breaks through and gets the victory and obviously I want it to be me, but all of us are capable of doing it.
"Luke Donald has proved he's a solid player in the majors and Paul Casey's got the game to win at any given time, (Ian) Poulter's a fiery competitor and (Lee) Westwood's got great experience.
"Any of us can go ahead and do it and the other thing is there are a lot of great young players coming through - Nick Dougherty's beginning to do well so English golf's looking really good."

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What's that saying? "Leadbetter has ruined more good swings then any other coach?" Wie should switch also. She is thinking too much now... :)

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
1. wie isnt attractive in the slightest... so hugh is out of the question

2. her parents smother the hell out of her and basically let her coach have no actual say in her lessons and what not...

3 leadbetter did turn nick faldo into the number 1 player in the world... and if youre a teacher you can thank leadbetter for turning teaching into a premier job... i mean before leadbetter and faldo there were barely if any actual coaches sticking with one player and being paid massive amounts of money...

i dont really like leadbetter either tho lol... and it is because of the high trousers...

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
1. wie isnt attractive in the slightest... so hugh is out of the question

2. her parents smother the hell out of her and basically let her coach have no actual say in her lessons and what not...

3 leadbetter did turn nick faldo into the number 1 player in the world... and if youre a teacher you can thank leadbetter for turning teaching into a premier job... i mean before leadbetter and faldo there were barely if any actual coaches sticking with one player and being paid massive amounts of money...

i dont really like leadbetter either tho lol... and it is because of the high trousers...

1). If Wie isn't attractive then you must have a hell ov a girl!!!

2). Then 'the coaches' are wasting there time which means even less respect for them.

3). I give you that the Faldo/Leadbetter partnership boosted/created the role of the coach to the Pro's but Faldo was already #1 and all leadbetter did was change him from an exiting 63,73,74,64 player into a 70,70,70,70 player, yawn!!! Get some trousers that fit!!!

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Also Ledbetter made Faldo swing a weighted club reglarly which Faldo blames for throwing his back out.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I can't stand listening to Leadbetter, another one who bugs the hell out of me is John Madden. As soon as those guys start yapping I flip the channels.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Leadbelter got lucky with Faldo, his old swing was loose and any half decent coach would have tightened it up. It wasn't the swing that won him 6 majors, it was Faldo the single minded very talented great puttign golfer.

The23rdman

Dec 22, 2007
Leadbetter also got lucky with Nick Price. It's a crying shame to see what he's done with Els' beautiful one plane swing.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, I don't know a whole lot but everytime I see him giving his "tips" on the GC it seems like he lifts the club fromt the waist to the top. I do a similar move but I'm also not a "1 plane" swinger, not to mention I suck.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts