• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kansas City golf course suggestions.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Just want to get some of your opinions on what are some of the better golf courses to play in the grater Kansas City area. Me and some friends are heading down there in early April again to catch a few baseball games and play a few rounds. Last year we played Indian Hills and Shoal Creek. My friends want to play Shoal Creek again but we are looking for another place to play this year. We are staying in the Westport area so we don’t want to drive too far maybe 45min or 1hr at the most and would like to keep the green fees under 75-80$ with a cart. I know we have a few members in that area so any information would help. I have been looking on line and its kind of hard to choose a course from just looking at web-sites.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
A couple of courses you'll be close to that come to mind:

Swope Memorial -- Kansas City Mo. muni course. Designed by A.W. Tilinghast in 1934. Tom Watson has often said it's his favorite course in Kansas City. It is probably the toughest muni track in Kansas City. Rolling hills, small, fast greens. You shoot a good score here, you played an overall good round of golf. About 10-15 minutes southeast of Westport.

http://www.swopememorialgolfcourse.com/view.asp?id=143&page=2055

Longview Lake GC -- Jackson County Mo. muni course. It's a bit longer and more parkland style than Swope Memorial. If it's windy it can be a bear. Good track at a reasonable price. About 15-20 minutes southeast of Westport.

Fred Arbanas Golf Course At Longview Lakes | Longview Lake Golf Course

I don't play a whole lot on the east side of town but if I think of any more good courses over there I'll add them here.

What other courses have you been looking at? I've played almost every public (and a lot of the private) courses in the Kansas City area. I can probably tell you whether they are worth the money and time or not.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Heritage is just south of town, near Olathe. Fairly long and challenging. Reasonable green fees.

If you're up north at Shoal Creek, anyway, go on up to Paradise Point. Two courses, The Possee and The Outlaw, each fun layouts to play.

Sycamore Ridge, just south of town, is a little pricier. Totally different front and back nines.

OP
gunning4u

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I think we are going to play Shoal Creek and Tiffany Greens what do you guys think of Tiffany Greens.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Tiffany Greens is an excellent course, I forgot about that one. I've only played it once but I liked it a lot. They played a Champion's Tour event there for several years so you know it's a quality course.

I'm not sure if you checked out the course tour on their website but it gives a good feel for the general layout of the course.

Kansas City Golf Course - Tiffany Greens - Kansas City, MO

🔥 Latest posts