• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Karsten TR - Anser 2

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I stopped by a nearby course on Friday to putt and chip for about an hour after work. This guy comes up to me after a while and says "Is that the SC Newport Select 2 that you have, and can I see it?" He then offers to let me try his Karsten TR - Anser 2 PING which I did not pass up because honestly it was beautiful. And I'm not a Ping guy. I have to say, from the grip to the weight and the feel, this is a well built putter. Very impressed. Soft, quiet, well balanced.

Has anybody given these a run or is bagging one now?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've only putted with one in the store, but I wouldn't hesitate to put one in the bag.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I gamed the original Anser2 (without the insert) for many years. I bought an Anser4 and gave the 2 back to my dad. My son now has one, as well. Love 'em.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
The absolute lowest point in my life with a putter was when I was using an Anser style Cameron. I still have reoccurring nightmares where I have to make a sliding 4 footer with that Newport 2 lol. I know it was me, not the putter but I doubt I will ever have another one in the bag.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
The absolute lowest point in my life with a putter was when I was using an Anser style Cameron. I still have reoccurring nightmares where I have to make a sliding 4 footer with that Newport 2 lol. I know it was me, not the putter but I doubt I will ever have another one in the bag.

Haha, that's awesome. This Anser 2 was really impressive. I have no intentions of changing any time soon, but if I had to this would be the first I would go check out.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I have two Anser 4 putters in the basement, one stainless the other BeCu. Both are barely used. Just have never been able to putt well with the Anser style. Have owned Newports and other Anser clones over the years. Just seem to have always favored either a mallet or a heel-shafted blade. Of the thousands who put with Anser style putters, and put well with them, have never been able to understand why I can't.

Have heard nothing but good about the TR series Pings. If either of my Odyssey putters decides to leave the stable, I will seriously consider one of the TR mallet or mid-mallet putters.

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I have two Anser 4 putters in the basement, one stainless the other BeCu. Both are barely used. Just have never been able to putt well with the Anser style. Have owned Newports and other Anser clones over the years. Just seem to have always favored either a mallet or a heel-shafted blade. Of the thousands who put with Anser style putters, and put well with them, have never been able to understand why I can't.

Have heard nothing but good about the TR series Pings. If either of my Odyssey putters decides to leave the stable, I will seriously consider one of the TR mallet or mid-mallet putters.

Putting is a strange animal isn't it...I bet the BeCu Anser is gorgeous!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I wish Ping made a heel shafted mallet like the Odyssey #9. I love Ping putters but have moved on from the anser.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I can't seem to find anything I like better than my PING B60's. The CRAZ-E came close. My B60 that has the G2 insert is my fav. I put Superstore Slim on both.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I can't seem to find anything I like better than my PING B60's. The CRAZ-E came close. My B60 that has the G2 insert is my fav. I put Superstore Slim on both.
"Superstore Slim"?? Is that a generic "SuperStroke" you can buy at Costco??:)

🔥 Latest posts