• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

KBS TD Driver shaft review

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Read my Callaway Epic Max golf club review for some background.

I have been hitting lighter weight shafts this summer and in the reg/stiff range flex. I've hit some long ones for me but have had some problems when I get a little too much "on it". My theory was I needed to go back to stiff flex and a heavier shaft.

This shaft was my choice based on the success our golf club owner has seen with the 70 g x-flex version. (He's pretty much scratch).

So out I go today to see if I'm full of s**t or maybe smarter then I look.

KBS sells this by "category" based on flex with weight choices in each one. I picked category 3, 70g and when first "flexing" it thought I might have made a mistake it felt so stiff.

Wow. One after another long (for me) and straight if I just take my time. I was making the trees at the back of the range every shot which is about 250 (conservatively) yards with the range balls . Tomorrow I take it to the course.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Read my Callaway Epic Max golf club review for some background.

I have been hitting lighter weight shafts this summer and in the reg/stiff range flex. I've hit some long ones for me but have had some problems when I get a little too much "on it". My theory was I needed to go back to stiff flex and a heavier shaft.

This shaft was my choice based on the success our golf club owner has seen with the 70 g x-flex version. (He's pretty much scratch).

So out I go today to see if I'm full of s**t or maybe smarter then I look.

KBS sells this by "category" based on flex with weight choices in each one. I picked category 3, 70g and when first "flexing" it thought I might have made a mistake it felt so stiff.

Wow. One after another long (for me) and straight if I just take my time. I was making the trees at the back of the range every shot which is about 250 (conservatively) yards with the range balls . Tomorrow I take it to the course.

I’m curious about these but at $350 I’ll wait until they come down a bit or come as a stock option from one of the big mfgs

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
They do come as an option on TM and Callaway drivers for a $250 up-charge.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Have never been in the fairway so frequently as with this shaft. Very happy with it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.