• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Keegan Bradley: 'I'm being called a cheater more than ever'

Gaijin_Golfer

Feb 5, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
United States United States
At the shop. Put yourself on the 18th green if a major with make it take it pressure.

Also, let me ask this. If it makes putting so easy, why aren't all pros using the broomstick?
All the more reason why anchoring shouldnt be allowed. It takes the nerves out of the stroke. Maybe, much like myself, the pros who dont use one simply dont like it. I didnt like putting with my left hand on my chest or with the end of the grip poking me in the stomach.
Look at Adam Scott, the long putter essentially resurrected his career.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
All the more reason why anchoring shouldnt be allowed. It takes the nerves out of the stroke. Maybe, much like myself, the pros who dont use one simply dont like it. I didnt like putting with my left hand on my chest or with the end of the grip poking me in the stomach.
Look at Adam Scott, the long putter essentially resurrected his career.
And the belly putter resurrected Sergio's for awhile.

You can make the case it's more of a mental crutch than anything.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Oh no, not the anchoring debate... again. My stance, it is different not necessarily easier. For some it may be akward as hell. I see guys miss putts all the time with them. Anyways, I wont use one because I think they are silly. I guess i'm for the ban although i'll still argue that it's not necessarily any easier.

I think the guys on tour whining about it are probably good enough to win without them and knowing it's coming they should just suck it up and change now. KB needs to block it out. Gotta be a rock under pressure. Then he needs to get a real putter and go win so he can tell the haters to suck it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Again, if its so much easier why are short putters even in the market?

Big headed drivers make driving easier, now we consider a small head 400cc's. you can't buy a new driver with a small head.

If that were the case with long putters, everyone would own one.

Now, I do t use one because it feels goofy. I could care less what you play with.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Again, if its so much easier why are short putters even in the market?

Big headed drivers make driving easier, now we consider a small head 400cc's. you can't buy a new driver with a small head.

If that were the case with long putters, everyone would own one.

Now, I do t use one because it feels goofy. I could care less what you play with.
Jim, couldn't agree more. This so called debate disgusts me. There is absolutely no evidence that anchored putting provides an advantage. Plenty of opinion but no evidence. Stand by, I'm about to go on a crazy ban crusade against ProV1 balls because of the amount of tourneys being won with them.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think if the USGA wanted to do something to alter the game, a rollback (no pun intended) of the ball would be the way to do it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Another thing I would like to see is this. If the game is so much easier today, what is the average handicap? PGA Tour scoring average?

I wood be willing to bet it hasn't changed much if at all.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Thru 15 holes today:
Strokes Gained - Putting 0.085
Putting Average 1.900

Rankings for 2013: