• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Keeping the arms out of it

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I had a lesson with my golf coach this morning. We were focusing on rotating the body back and through whilst keeping the arms “quiet.”

He had me using the pictured device, which worked quite well. It sorta “clamps” the arms and makes it easier to keep them quiet.

If you ever see one, don’t be afraid to give it a try.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1540017673.616064.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I had a lesson with my golf coach this morning. We were focusing on rotating the body back and through whilst keeping the arms “quiet.”

He had me using the pictured device, which worked quite well. It sorta “clamps” the arms and makes it easier to keep them quiet.

If you ever see one, don’t be afraid to give it a try.

View attachment 30814
The inventor was pretty wise in having the printing on the device where it could be read in the Northern Hemisphere or the Southern Hemisphere at the same time!!!:D

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I tried to upload a video of my golf coach using it but the app doesn’t appear to allow it. Here’s a still.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1540153793.388713.jpg

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I tried to upload a video of my golf coach using it but the app doesn’t appear to allow it. Here’s a still.

View attachment 30818

Update: Persistence works apparently. I was at a point Monday where I felt my full swing was such sh!t that I doubted I could play this game.

Then after a couple of grinding sessions during the week using the device and persevering through the frustration, I had a much better range session Thursday. I was hitting the ball that pure that I with about 20 balls left in my bucket, I changed to pitching. I was amazed.

The benefits from the device (getting the body turning and keeping the arms out of it) were in my pitching also. Such easy distance. 60 - 70 meter easy pitches with my 52 degree when normally I would be starting to think about pitching wedge for that distance.

I am now trying to source one to buy. I think they're from Japan. I have my feelers out.

🔥 Latest posts