• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

kia

shankexpert

Nov 29, 2007
what do you guys think of kia's new car, the soul?

awww.blogcdn.com_www.autoblog.com_media_2009_03_004_kiasoul_firstdrive_opt.jpg

more pics here. do you like what kia's been doing lately?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I think it's rather unattractive and I would not want to get in an accident with one.

While there is a market for these econoboxes, manufacturers need to be careful. Americans (given a choice) want big cars. Always have and probably always will. There were two interesting bits in the news over the weekend....Prius sales are down 45% this year and the number one vehicle sold in the US is....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525318,00.html

0_61_cozycoupe1_320.jpg

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I personally think it is FUGLY. Different strokes for different folks I guess

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Don't like it....just me though.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what KIA does...i have not liked any of their vehicles so far.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Not big on all the Scion knockoff there are now. Seems everyone is making one of these now. I had a Toyota matrix that I liked, but that is about as boxy as I could stand. Sister has a Kia Sportage. Sees to be an ok vehicle.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I think it's rather unattractive and I would not want to get in an accident with one.

While there is a market for these econoboxes, manufacturers need to be careful. Americans (given a choice) want big cars. Always have and probably always will. There were two interesting bits in the news over the weekend....Prius sales are down 45% this year and the number one vehicle sold in the US is....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525318,00.html
Consumer choices track gas prices. When gas hit $5.00 a gallon, Prius sales will go up - way up. And I'll be crying as I hit the $100 mark to go 300 miles in my truck...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You couldn't give me a Kia product based solely on the pure idiocy that they have working at the dealerships and service department.

A lady in town took them to court over they blamed her "driving style" when the rear door on her minivan opened on a corner. She had 3 kids in the back (none were injured), but that's BEYOND ridiculous.

The only thing they have going for them is that they're cheap and they have a 75 year warranty.

R35

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I think WI-golfer just got his wife a new one. I think he said it's a good car for the money.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
You all are freaking nuts, Kia is making some damn fine cars as is Hyundai. You couldn't give me a Chrysler product, biggest piles of crap on the road.

To the OP, the Soul is fun little car. My wife loves hers, the gas mileage is good, it handles great...we got the sport package which has the 18" rims, the sport tuned suspension, etc. But beware that it's not the smoothest riding car around with that setup. Will hold 4 real sized humans with ease, i'm 6'2" & can sit in the back seat behind the driver with that seat all the way back very comfortably.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
You all are freaking nuts, Kia is making some damn fine cars as is Hyundai. You couldn't give me a Chrysler product, biggest piles of crap on the road.

To the OP, the Soul is fun little car. My wife loves hers, the gas mileage is good, it handles great...we got the sport package which has the 18" rims, the sport tuned suspension, etc. But beware that it's not the smoothest riding car around with that setup. Will hold 4 real sized humans with ease, i'm 6'2" & can sit in the back seat behind the driver with that seat all the way back very comfortably.
They ARE making good cars as is Hyundai...i just said they were not the type of cars i like...kia anyway..i like the hyundai tiburon....hence why we have one.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm sure Hyundai is making fine cars now, but I'll never buy another one after the fiasco of my wife's Elantra. We bought it brand new in 99 I think and had nothing but trouble out of it. And every time we took it to the dealer for repairs it seemed nothing was covered by the warranty. Plus the local dealer didn't have the color she wanted, so we bought it in a neighboring city because the local dealer wouldn't get the one she wanted in. after we bought it, he refused to service it, so we had to drive 50 miles to where we had bought it to get it serviced.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
You couldnt give me an American made car. I will take my Hyundai and Toyota any day thanks.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You couldnt give me an American made car. I will take my Hyundai and Toyota any day thanks.

Agreed.

Although I will note that many Japanese designed cars are built in both Canada and the US.

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Agreed.

Although I will note that many Japanese designed cars are built in both Canada and the US.

R35

I should have said designed, not necessarily built. I am all for doing the work here. Just leave the design process to the Japanese.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008

You couldn't give me a Canadian designed car. Even if you were so inclined.

I've always liked big American sedans. I drive a Pontiac Bonneville, and would drive a Chrysler 300 or even their Magnum wagon. Ford's sedans are for old people. Best car I ever had was an '82 Buick Riviera. GM ruined the Buick line, dropped the Olds line, and I assume the government will soon abolish the Cadillac which I can't afford anyway. I have almost 100,000 miles on my Bonnie and am looking for another 20,000 or so. If a big American sedan is a thing of the past, I'll buy an SUV, though sitting up that high does not appeal to me like a comfortable sedan. I know absolutely nothing about cars, but know what I think looks good, and what is comfortable with my ass in the seat. I did once drive a Mitsubishi Galant that was a good car, but way underpowered.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts