• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kidney stones suck

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Get your ass into the hospital wi. I've never had that blood clot thing happen and I've passed probably 30-40 stones (sometimes multiple stones per "sessions") over the last 15 years.

Jerry, the hospital doesn't want me. I called my urologist this morning when the pain flared up again, was fine last night & took no drugs. Anyways today I started the peeing blood thing again & my side was pounding, still is & it's been 8+ hrs and I don't even know how many pain pills. Was told by the urologist to not worry about the blood or the clots coming out since that's normal & happens quite often. They just want me to hang tight, continue to take the pain meds & hopefully piss this thing out. Not sure how much longer I can deal with it though.

Another thing I had totally forgotten & was reminded today. The cat scan I had last march showed 2 stones in my left kidney, these current ones are coming out of the right side. The lefties have never given me any issue but now i'm concerned they will want to come & join the party.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wi... is there some way to get a second opinion?? I despise these docs who will allow you to suffer in immense pain while trying to pass a stone. They fill you full of pain meds. You cannot carry on any form of your typical lifestyle. You're not supposed to drive while on the meds. Most can't carry on in their regular job. Yet, they tell you to wait until you pass it. Get hold of a doc who will go ahead and break up the stone with ultrasound so you can get back to normal... and get the pain to stop!!!

There is no guarantee that your stones will be on only one side or the other. About 80% of mine have been in the right kidney. 20% in the left. While you are in immense pain, trying to pass stones from one kidney, there may be a half-formed little booger sitting in the other kidney laughing his butt off! He's just having a blast, thinking about how much he's gonna kickin' your fanny when it's his turn to go!!!

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Wi... is there some way to get a second opinion?? I despise these docs who will allow you to suffer in immense pain while trying to pass a stone. They fill you full of pain meds. You cannot carry on any form of your typical lifestyle. You're not supposed to drive while on the meds. Most can't carry on in their regular job. Yet, they tell you to wait until you pass it. Get hold of a doc who will go ahead and break up the stone with ultrasound so you can get back to normal... and get the pain to stop!!!

There is no guarantee that your stones will be on only one side or the other. About 80% of mine have been in the right kidney. 20% in the left. While you are in immense pain, trying to pass stones from one kidney, there may be a half-formed little booger sitting in the other kidney laughing his butt off! He's just having a blast, thinking about how much he's gonna kickin' your fanny when it's his turn to go!!!

I have spoken with 4-5 Dr's at 3 different hospitals & right now they all advise the "wait & see" method. I don't like it & am going to give it until sundown sunday. If the damn thing isn't gone by then, i'm going to go in & demand they get rid of it.

🔥 Latest posts