• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Killer day on the course today.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Now I know a huge portion of the posters here have scored better than this for 9 holes, but I am frickin pretty damn happy right now.

Have played this course many times & so far my lowest score was a 40 which happened last week & it was a very ugly 40 with a lot ugly ugly shots & a fair amount of luck. Today I carded a 38 on a 2800 yd par 36 course. Not real long but has some elevation changes, few blind tee shots, etc. 3 bogeys, 5 pars & a birdie on a hole I have never birdied before. Not that great with the fairway shots as I only hit 3 out of 7 & had 4 G.I.R's.

Best part was a total of 13 putts, chipping was on today & for some reason the ball was ending up within 3' or less on most of them. 1 chip was about 20 yds to an elevated green about 8-9' above my head, set the ball down within 4" of the pin to save par.

And I know this is long winded but please bear with me here. Last hole is a 460 yd dogleg left which if you carry the trees can easily cut 100+ yds off the hole. Well I screwed up & instead of carrying the trees the ball went straight off the corner & into the rough. I had 220 yds thru a few small trees to the green. Pulled out my 3w & figured "what the heck do I have lose?" I thought for sure the ball would hit 1 of the trees, but I hit a super solid shot which sailed right over all the trees & headed right for the green. It landed on the backside of the green, hopped twice & stopped just off the fringe. Frickin chipping for eagle!! Choked though & didn't carry the chip far enough. 2 putted for par which is ok, but damn thinking about what could have been.

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
Amazing how a good day on the course lifts your mood. Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing the excitement. Good golf makes us happy.

Just remember... it is the journey, not the destination (or even the way-stops along the trip.) I have a theory that we would all be great golfers except we have to go to sleep after a good day, and the next time out, we have to restart all those good vibes and great swing thoughts that worked last time, and seemed to have vanished overnight. Maybe that is actually a good thing... because it also allows us to forget the bad swings (at least partially.)

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Great shooting WG. Chipping was the reoccurring theme of the post. Just gets better and better. Were lower putts # due to better chips???

FastForward7

Jul 2, 2008
Congrats on the round. Don't worry about what other people shoot. Some of us, like myself, would kill for that score :D

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
From here on, I will NEVER shoot over 40 per round! That'll probably mean that I'll stop after 7 or 8 holes:biglol:!

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I think it's because I was totally relaxed, there was not another soul on the course. Kinda weird but cool at the same time.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Congrats, man. It certainly does make us happy when we perform like that.

Congrats, too, on that wonderful picture you have there. That chick on the right looks sweet as a nut. Nothing turns me on more, too....:thumbs up: :D

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
It is maybe the same girl kissing a mirror. Is it ??? Either way, I would love to be in the middle of that !!! :D

🔥 Latest posts