• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Killer shot!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I was playing in the semi-final of our championship last night. Was nervous as hell and I didn't want to tell you guys about it in advance. We were even after 7 and came to our hole #8, a tough dogleg. I pushed my drive into heavy rough and had to hack out. I had to play my third before my opponent had to play his second, he crushed a drive!! I misjudged it and left it in the front right bunker. He then leaves his second on the front edge of the green, we are both about 20-25 yards from the hole, which was precariously placed at the bottom of a steep slope. He putted first and left himself about 5 feet short for par, down the slope.

My ball was lying well in the bunker but I had to hit it about 20 yards to the top of the hill, just enough to allow it to trickle over the top and run down to the hole. I could only see the top of the flag standing in the bunker. I actually said to myself, I need to hole this bad boy to get a half. I exploded out well and saw my ball land where I wanted it, it disappeared over the top of the hill. To my complete amazement and my opponents it ran down the slope and into the hole!!

My opponent missed his five footer and I walked off 1 up instead of 1 down, he was totally pissed off and made a big deal of my luck. Unreal stuff. I could stand there for 5 years and hit thousands of bunker shots for it never to go in.

It was a strange match, we handed a lot of holes to eachother, but I survived, winning 2 and 1 and on-wards into the final. Gotta love match-play!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
As they say, "That's what keeps you coning back!" No matter how rough this dastardly game can be, when we hit a shot like you just described all those bad shots are cast from out mind. Well done!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.