• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

King Cobra F Speed

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I went to a lesson last Thursday, not looking to buy anything, but there was a Cobra Demo Day on. After the lesson, I went along to have a look at what Cobra had.

I've already got a King Cobra Baffler Rescue Club, but I hadn't really thought of Cobra at all, before. The guy gave me about 4 different drivers to try, and the first three, I wasn't pleased with. One didn't feel right, and the other two made me slice even worse than usual. I was getting slightly unconfident here, but I picked up the next driver. First shot - Nailed... Straight as an arrow.. I thought this was a fluke, but did it again... Time after time after time. I knew this was the driver for me.

The guy was a pro, and he said he really liked my swing, and instinctively knew that I had something in it, if I just kept playing.

It turned out, that the perfect combination for me is a graphite regular shaft (already had) and a 10.5 degree (already had as well...)

This experience got me thinking. I could hit this driver a mile, straight. So the next day, I went to the range again. I picked up the Cobra F Speed 10.5 reg, got it taped up and went out onto the range. Hit 120 balls with it, and duffed three... That can be expected, because:

A. It's a new, strange driver
B. I'm a 24 handicapper

I usually would tend to duff about 10 out of 120, so this was much better. About 10 went right, which can also be expected, because I have a slice. Usually about 90 out of 120 would go right, with my old driver.

So I thought... This driver is the one for me! I checked out the price in the shop, and nearly had a fit... £265!!! FOR A DRIVER!!! I was thinking, "Back to the drawing board... Can't afford this for probably the next few years!" But I got a recommendation from my friend, about www.onlinegolf.co.uk

I went home, and the first thing I did was went on to this website. They had the driver (my specs, as well) for £180, inc. free delivery! This was so much better than my range.

Remembering this was Saturday night that I ordered the club, using standard delivery (3-5 days), the club came yesterday... Tuesday...

So off comes the packaging, and I go out to the range. Bought 90 balls. Took a bit of getting used to, but all in all I was hitting it BRILLIANTLY!!! Hit about 75 balls, perfect. Straight as an arrow. All carried over 185 yards, which was brilliant for me, being a short hitting 13 year old.

I was trying everything... Slicing swings, overswinging etc... but I could NOT get the ball to move! Everything went straight! It's almost impossible to slice or hook this club...

I am in love... It is brilliant.

Now onto the driver itself...

First impressions... Amazing... Looks brilliant. Almost double the size of my old driver, which obviously contributes a lot to the extra distance. It looks really nice. At address, just looks like a standard King Cobra, but there's something to it that makes it different. I don't know for the life of me what it is, but you can tell that this is better than other drivers.

I got it with a regular flex Aldila NV-F shaft... Yeah, it's green, but it still looks the business... If you can it it really far and straight, who really cares about the colour of the shaft?

The grip is really nice as well... It is just the right size, as on my old driver, I had been using a grip that was too big, making it difficult to grip properly, but it feels really good. I'm not sure how good it will be if it gets wet, but still... I won't be playing in the rain. Also. It has two circles on the front, to show where your thimbs should be positioned. This really helps, as I sometimes find myself gripping too loosely.

It has the "9 Point Clubface", which also optimizes mishits. I find this really good, as sometimes, I stand too close to the ball and find myself hitting out of the heel a bit.

Finally... My overall impressions of the driver.

It is a really nice looking driver. It feels really nice, and makes you want to just grip it and rip it. It goes really far and really straight, and I think it is an amazing club... I love it!

Here's the stock photo of the club... I'll post photos of my actual club sometime, soon, and review again once i've played with it a bit longer.

cobrafspeed1la.jpg

Oh, and Sling... Maybe you'll consider putting this up on the front page?

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Ha ha, well done, lad - keep it up !

BTW; they are really rippin' you with £265 - the full retail on those things is £249. We do 'em for £185, but can go a wee bit lower....

OP
Scotty01292

Scotty01292

Oct 16, 2005
Andy_79 said:
Ha ha, well done, lad - keep it up !

BTW; they are really rippin' you with £265 - the full retail on those things is £249. We do 'em for £185, but can go a wee bit lower....

Andy... I'm amazed! You actually took your time to read through that?!?!?!?!?! Written by me!!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Hey Scotty, glad you found a driver you really like. How do you like your Baffler? I just picked up the 4H with the steel shaft, and I retired my Halo, which I never thought I would do. The 4H Baffler was my only friend in your 35mph Scotland winds. What a great club. I'm going to get either the 2H or the 3H to replace my Callaway 3H.

OP
Scotty01292

Scotty01292

Oct 16, 2005
Glad you like Scotland! ;-) The Baffler's great! I've got a 3/R Baffler, with stiff graphite shaft. I really like it... I can hit it great.

🔥 Latest posts