• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kingsbarns

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
The 18th green at Kingsbarns. It's a lovely finishing hole...444 yards of the back tees. You drive up to a ridge and after about 220 yards the fairway slopes steeply down to the burn in front of the green, then there's a steep bank up to the putting area - the severity of the slopes dont come out well in the photos.

To reach the green in two, you have two choices - a short drive to give yourself a level lie for a long second...or a longer drive and shorter second. With a longer drive the slope catches your ball and it can run a long way down. Perhaps leaving a 150ish yards or less approach...but with a sloping lie.
Kingsbarns4.jpg

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
That's absolutely beautiful...

BTW the group got back from Edinburgh late last night and I saw one of the guys at a party. He said they had a great time...I am going to talk with more of them this week before I come on here and provide a summary of their trip....

OP
Kilted Arab

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Bravo said:
That's absolutely beautiful...

BTW the group got back from Edinburgh late last night and I saw one of the guys at a party. He said they had a great time...I am going to talk with more of them this week before I come on here and provide a summary of their trip....

I look forward to that very much...the good and the bad! And if there are any photos...!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
I look forward to that very much...the good and the bad! And if there are any photos...!

Speaking of Kingsbarns....

He told me that - of course - they had nothing confirmed on the Old - we all knew that.

We had contracted with a transportation company for a coach for the entire week. One of the first things he said was, "the bus driver was awesome...he got us on the Old".

On Thursday, they played Kingsbarns at 8:00 AM and the coach picked them up and they played the Old at 3:15. He told me that his knees shook as he stood on the first tee in St. Andrews...

The coach driver became their "de facto" tour director. Got them on Prestwick too and recommended all the right pubs and restaurants.

I asked him if they gave him a tip and he said - "Yes a big one..."

I will have many more details in the next week or so, including the name of the coach driver...

ChrisR

Jun 22, 2005
That is just a beautiful picture. It is now my computer wallpaper.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Four more sbarns picsKing

Four more Kingsbarns pics for you.

The last two pics show the lovely par 3 15th. The last pic looks back towards the tee. About 160 to the flag. I hit what I thought was a good shot, but it got up came up a little short and landed on one of the big rocks in front of the green. Funny thing was, it bounced straight up in the air, then bounced about ten more times up and down on the same rock, finally coming to rest on top of the rock. It was like something out of a PS2 golf simulator.
Kingsbarns 2747 small.jpg
Kingsbarns 2765 small.jpg
Kingsbarns 2769 small.jpg
Kingsbarns 2774 small.jpg

🔥 Latest posts