• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Knee replacement this morning

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Have them bring you your putter and a mat. You can begin practicing yet this afternoon!

Glad it went well!!! FOLLOW DOCTOR'S ORDERS!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
They used an epidural instead of general anesthesia so the wake up is sweet. No grogginess. In recovery now, discharge tomorrow.

So, you were conscious during the operation?

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Day 2 (Tues) was a BITCH! Pain was at the 9-10 level with narcotics in me. PT came and started stretching and flexing me and that shirt HURT. I guess I'd forgotten. Came home Tues PM - still lots of pain and NARCO every 4 hours. Day 3 (yesterday) was WAY better. Off the narcotics now for good. Ice and Ibuprofen handle it fine. Slept thru the night last night and today it feels awesome. Ready to be done with this shit. Swelling is way down and doing my home PT doesn't hurt - it's just stiff. Gotta keep pushing the limits to avoid that scar tissue. I can walk almost normally now. It feels solid as opposed the last 6 months of painful limping. I can actually tell that both hips are the same height now. Gonna be hard not to overdo it when feeling this good, so I gotta be patient. No tee times this week! Oh, and the best news......................I finally POOPED today!:poop:

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Day 2 (Tues) was a BITCH! Pain was at the 9-10 level with narcotics in me. PT came and started stretching and flexing me and that shirt HURT. I guess I'd forgotten. Came home Tues PM - still lots of pain and NARCO every 4 hours. Day 3 (yesterday) was WAY better. Off the narcotics now for good. Ice and Ibuprofen handle it fine. Slept thru the night last night and today it feels awesome. Ready to be done with this shit. Swelling is way down and doing my home PT doesn't hurt - it's just stiff. Gotta keep pushing the limits to avoid that scar tissue. I can walk almost normally now. It feels solid as opposed the last 6 months of painful limping. I can actually tell that both hips are the same height now. Gonna be hard not to overdo it when feeling this good, so I gotta be patient. No tee times this week! Oh, and the best news......................I finally POOPED today!:poop:
All good news!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
PapaD, I’m curious as to what you can and can’t do after knee surgery. Is jogging or running out of the question? My father had it done 10 or so years ago and he has mentioned something about not supposed climb ladders anymore and something about kneeling. He’s elderly now so those activities are long gone.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
PapaD, I’m curious as to what you can and can’t do after knee surgery. Is jogging or running out of the question? My father had it done 10 or so years ago and he has mentioned something about not supposed climb ladders anymore and something about kneeling. He’s elderly now so those activities are long gone.
Last time doc told me the implant will last longer if I avoid activity that pounds it at impact. Swimming, bicycling, walking are best. Running, jogging, tennis-like sports are the worst. He also said avoid spiked shoes as overtwisting is bad too. I'm in the "younger" crowd for joint replacements so I'd like these to last.

🔥 Latest posts