• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Knock Down Shots

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've played some rounds in the wind recently and I see the ability to hit a knock down shot as something I need to master.

In my last round I hit a full pitching wedge into the wind on a short par 3. The wind grabbed the ball and dumped it beside the green. My playing partner hit a lovely knock down 6 iron to the green.

Anyone here mastered the knockdown shot? Tips?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The wind in Kansas always blows. When neighboring states to both north and south... Nebraska and Oklahoma... suck, we are quite used to playing in 30+ prevailing winds. One of the better players in our group has a typical shot that never sees ANY club get the ball more than 4 feet off the ground. He can hit punch shots with anything and still get them to stop next to the pin.
My typical shot is quite high. OTOH, I can hit punch shots when necessary. When needing something that will cut through the wind, I usually go two clubs more than normal, choke down an inch or so, and put the ball way back in the stance.

Members online