• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Korean lady golfers

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The LPGA Open was on ESPN a couple weeks ago. There was a Senior Tour event on NBC this past weekend. Other than that, we only get the 2 hours Saturday and 2 hours Sunday of most PGA Tour stops. The PGA sold its soul to The Golf Channel. I honestly believe moving most golf to TGC has hurt golf in the U.S. If people could see more golf on television, they might make an attempt to take up the game. If people are not exposed to it, they will be content playing "Angry Birds" on a smart phone and eating sushi.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It is in Korea, Japan and Sweden, I don't know about the US though, you seem to prefer things like the Kardashians and Jersey Shore.

not sure where you got that from, can't say I even know what Jersey Shore is? Actually once I googled it to see what you were talking about, I don't even have MTV.

My point was that if its not on network TV in the US, meaning NBC, ABC and CBS than that shows how far the LPGA has fallen. I don't have time to search out whatever channel they are showing the LPGA on, the few spare hours in the day that I have are not spent watching people I don't know play in places I will never go or have a desire to go to in order to play golf. I don't think I am alone in that feeling and the fact that they ARE NOT on network TV proves how much NOBODY watches the LPGA.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I watch a little LPGA. I almost always watch the final day of a Major. I DVR them, then skip to the 2nd half of the coverage. Some of the girls...have a lot of talent. ;)

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
not sure where you got that from, can't say I even know what Jersey Shore is? Actually once I googled it to see what you were talking about, I don't even have MTV.

My point was that if its not on network TV in the US, meaning NBC, ABC and CBS than that shows how far the LPGA has fallen. I don't have time to search out whatever channel they are showing the LPGA on, the few spare hours in the day that I have are not spent watching people I don't know play in places I will never go or have a desire to go to in order to play golf. I don't think I am alone in that feeling and the fact that they ARE NOT on network TV proves how much NOBODY watches the LPGA.

While the LPGA has recovered a bit from the Bivens mismanagement debacle, the reality is, it is still struggling and you are absolutely right that if it ain't on the network, nobody is watching. The Golf Channel covers most of the their tournaments (ESPN has two majors) and I don't like watching golf on their crappy, low quality broadcast. I don't mind the PGA tournaments on the GC because they are typically using network equipment.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
While the LPGA has recovered a bit from the Bivens mismanagement debacle, the reality is, it is still struggling and you are absolutely right that if it ain't on the network, nobody is watching. The Golf Channel covers most of the their tournaments (ESPN has two majors) and I don't like watching golf on their crappy, low quality broadcast. I don't mind the PGA tournaments on the GC because they are typically using network equipment.

Agreed. I HATE watching golf channel coverage.

Here's the thing. I recently downgraded my TV package. WHy? Because there is NOTHING on TV AND because of cost. Part of the deal was losing ESPN and the golf channel. I dont mind so much, I don't have time to watch those channels much any more anyway and my 5 yr old gets more control of the TV now- Curiou George anyone?

BUT, do you think I am the only sports fan that recently downgraded TV or cut cable entirely? If its not on the basic Cable package, i'm not watching it-and I used to be defined as an AVID golf watcher. I am not going to pay extra money so I can get ESPN 6 and watch LPGA golf, get on NBC, CBS, or ABC and I will have a chance to watch.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My post wasnt directed soley at you Mitch, just making a point!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.