• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

KZG Drivers, any good?

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
One more post about a potential component head. In that last discussion, only one poster mentioned KZG and said they sell a lot of them. I hunted the net, but they only seem to sell their clubs through clubfitters.

The reason I ask is, the guy that I am going to get to install the Creation is a great clubfitter around here and a KZG dealer. Has anyone played/hit a KZG driver? What do you know / think about the club? Big step down from the Maltby or DCT? Or same ballpark?

Thanks, thanks, thanks as always. My education continues.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I'm a KZG dealer and can vouch for the quality and performance of them.

There's currently four different models, with the two justifiably better sellers being the G4 and the Gemini.

Both are extremely long and in the case of the Gemini, a dual face design that KZG invented, silly forgivable.

The G4 is more for those who want to shape their shots while the Gemini is made for forgiveness.

I cannot speak on the Maltby because you didn't specify which model....but they are all quality products....whereas the Geek DCT is a very low spin head that is long...but not as forgiving as some...When buying these heads we seriously look at handicap, swing speed and repeatability of the playhers test swings as this normally is sold at a higher loft than what they're used to because of the low spin.

Since you are dealing with a verified clubmaker (perhaps PCS accredited?) I would also ask him about the Tour Swing Detonator, and the Wishon 919thi driver.

In my opinion, these are the two best drivers to hit the market this year.

OP
The Salt Vampire

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I'm a KZG dealer and can vouch for the quality and performance of them.

There's currently four different models, with the two justifiably better sellers being the G4 and the Gemini.

Since you are dealing with a verified clubmaker (perhaps PCS accredited?) I would also ask him about the Tour Swing Detonator, and the Wishon 919thi driver.

In my opinion, these are the two best drivers to hit the market this year.

Thanks for the info. Just what I was looking for.

🔥 Latest posts