• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

KZG Evolution irons - anyone have/try these?

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I've been thinking about making a cb/mb combo set for a while now with the different Mizuno offerings. The problem is that when you get into the MP range the offset is significantly reduced (coming from the MX-20) and I'm just not ready to give that up yet. I have the MP67 PW (and hit it well) but I've yet to take the jump to a 9 or 8 iron. Further more, the MX-20 is quite a bit larger of a head as well and I didn't think putting that jump in between the 6/7 or the 7/8 would be that great of an idea. I've looked at combo sets from other manufacturers, Titleist and Bridgestone, but they are definitely set-up for the better players. My goal is to be a 10 by the end of the summer. I'm currently at a 16.5 but my index is dropping fast; down from a 20 last October. (I play two rounds a month but practice 4-5 days a week)

Anyway, my point, something inspired me today to take a look at the offerings from KZG. I immediately noticed their Evolution set. This set looks fantastic. The irons go from cb to mb like I've been looking for but best of all, they have the same amount of offest as the MX-20s!

So, does anyone out there have any experience with these? How about any KZG iron experience? Apparently one of their top CA fitter/builders is like two miles from my office so I'll check them out tomorrow night after work!

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I did a little more research after I started this thread and it seems like KZG makes some pretty good stuff.

I went over to the local fitter/builder today at lunch to give these a try. These are some damn fine looking clubs and they feel great! They have a very nice progression from deep cb long irons to more mb style short irons.

They're exactly what I'm looking for; the smaller head size of a player's club with the offset and cavity back of a game "enhancement" club. They are definitely smaller than the MX-20s but have the same amount of offset. Price wise they weren't so bad either; he quoted me a custom fit set with Rifle Flighted shafts in the same neighborhood of MX-25s.

Unless one of y'all chime in soon with some horrible experience, I may just have to pick up a set.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I have 0 experience with them, but have heard a lot about them. EVERYTHING I have ever heard has been positive.

🔥 Latest posts