• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

L.A. Story: Bubba, Jordan and Riviera Sparkle

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Steve Timm had a special moment with Jordan Spieth at Riviera Country Club. (Courtesy of Steve Timm)​

BUBBA WATSON WON THE NORTHERN TRUST OPEN for the second time in three years on a sun-splashed Sunday at Riviera Country Club. Bubba closed with a 68 to win by 1 stroke, collecting his ninth PGA Tour victory.

"L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most the time and the feeling is laid back," once sang Neil Diamond.

That's true and was certainly the case for Watson after he secured his second L.A. title. And he certainly had his share of adventures during a week in Hollywood that included passing a kidney stone and winning a golf tournament where legends are made.

"The highlight is definitely winning," Bubba said. "When you come to Hollywood, there's a lot of things you can do. It's fun. And winning is the cake."

I think the whole week was cake for Steve Timm, who worked and enjoyed the tournament from the 10th hole starter tent and elsewhere. Timm caught up with Jordan Spieth, who shot a 79 and departed on Friday but didn't disappoint his fans.

"So Jordan Spieth didn't make the cut today," said Steve on Facebook, "but he did sign my Masters flag in my starter tent on 10 tee this morning. Framing and hanging that in my office for sure."

Steve posted several other photos of his week at Riviera, including a picture with Hall of Famer Amy Alcott.

That's all, folks, for the West Coast Swing. On to Florida.

Source: L.A. Story: Bubba, Jordan and Riviera Sparkle

🔥 Latest posts

Members online