• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ladies Clubs: Ping G2L ??

G

Golfer Girl

I am thinking of investing in a set of these come spring. I've done some research and have talked to my local pro, whom I will be ordering and fitted with. Just looking for opinions, feedback or advice from anyone willing to share.

Thanks!

-Faith

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Sorry unfortenly I'm a man so can't help you in that department. But welcome aboard we will make you feel at home, look around the forum and keep posting. :usflag:

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Welcome aboard Faith!

My partner plays Pings and loves them, I think getting advice from your pro (who must be familiar with your game) is a good idea.

btw, I see you are from Connecticut (I live in Old Lyme) where do you usually play?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
the master is not a man, he is a boy.....we are currently working on a decoder for new users to have so as to be able to understand his mangled english.....it's his native tongue believe it or not. ;)

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
the master is not a man, he is a boy.....we are currently working on a decoder for new users to have so as to be able to understand his mangled english.....it's his native tongue believe it or not. ;)

I am a man. Sling is trying to show off in front off the ladies. Sling she is 30 way out of your age range hey maybe RF35 would be interested. :) :p ;) :faintthud :smilie_fu

Oh yeah sling what is my reward I'm off to bed I will let you think about that one over night. ;)

OP
G

Golfer Girl

Greetings!

I'm in Farmington and play mostly at Westwoods. I will probably play Tunxis Plantation a couple times this season too. I'm a standby on an unofficial league at the office and that's where they play.

I've only heard good things about Pings, and I want this to be a lifetime investment. The pro definitely knows my swing, i take lessons with him. He said they were a good choice as well.

Right now, my biggest obstacle is finding a set of these clubs to actually handle and try out before I purchase. Jim (my pro) recommended I try Golf Quest. I am hoping they have a decent Ladies selection.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Ping make nice clubs.
If you check in the bags of LPGA players, most have either Callaway X-14, or Ping i3-OSize.
You can check it right here
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/17300

My brother bought a set of G2 last year. I tried it, the feeling is nice and soft, but since I'm more of a blade player, I didn't like those clubs because of the bigger clubface and wide sole. Ended up selling the clubs.
Important thing is to find a club that is comfortable for you, forgiving, and of course, custom fitted.

And... Welcome to the board Golfer Girl. :)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Westwoods....I'm not familiar with it.
I grew up in Simsbury so I have played Tunxis, The old Canton course, Bel Compo which is now blue fox run, Simsbury Farms and we used to sneak on Avon CC. ;)

If you are up for a trip, take a ride to the Golfsmith store in Norwalk, they have shed loads of clubs you can hit on their simulator......there is a golfer's warehouse somewhere up there that probably does the same thing.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This is gonna turn ugly for me, but anyways....

Last fall, a friend of mine was looking into a new set of irons. We hit everything in the place, Taylor Made, Callaway, Ping, you name it.

While he and the shop "guru" were off looking at other selections, I just hit balls to kill time. I noticed a set of G2's sitting near the net, so i grabbed one. I saw that it was standard length and lie, but it felt like it was 2" too short. I flipped it over to see that it was in fact the ladies version.

Let me tell you, those clubs are sweet. It reminded me of the first time I hit a set of Big Berthas. Coming off the face, the ball feels like you're hitting an orange. You can almost tell how many dimples touched the face.

The funny thing is, I then tried out the G2 Men's version and didn't get the same response. They felt "old" and unresponsive.

I personally give the G2L's two thumbs up for feel. Ping has always made good products when it comes to irons. I had a set of Zing 2's for about 3 months before I sold them. (Jumped on the Callaway bus, never got off!)

Go out and give them a go. They really are a great set.

Oh, and Master, please stop trying to get me into trouble! ;)

Cheers GG, and welcome aboard. Chime in on the discussion board whenever you can!

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Only because you invited...all I have to is:

rockford35 said:
I noticed a set of G2's sitting near the net, so i grabbed one. I saw that it was standard length and lie, but it felt like it was 2" too short. I flipped it over to see that it was in fact the ladies version.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...just noticed a set...sure

OP
G

Golfer Girl

Thanks everyone for the input! I am really excited to get a nice set of clubs that I can grow with. I am so ready for spring it's not even funny. I know my golf mania is bad when I start dreaming about it. lol

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Just wait til you're dreaming about it...daydreaming about it...talking about it on the internet all day...reading about it all day...watching the golf channel all the time (except when Alias and The OC are on)...skipping class to go golfing...practicing at least an hour or two a day...etc

Good stuff!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Silver said:
Just wait til you're dreaming about it...daydreaming about it...talking about it on the internet all day...reading about it all day...watching the golf channel all the time (except when Alias and The OC are on)...skipping class to go golfing...practicing at least an hour or two a day...etc

Good stuff!

You say that as if it's a problem........ :p

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
PROBLEM??! I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! I CAN QUIT ANYTIME I WANT!

I WISH EVERYONE WOULD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!

*seizures on the floor*

OP
G

Golfer Girl

Yeah, i have all the warning signs. I've got a little desk calendar at work, each day is a different golf course. Makes me salivate. I just can't wait for spring. I hate winter. I need to get my butt down in the carolinas I think before too long.

🔥 Latest posts