• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ladies Drivers?

Loren41

Oct 30, 2005
I want to make a new driver for my wife. She has about worn out her old Golfsmith Lady XPCplus 13 degrees 195cc and has decided to try a modern large head. She is a long hitter off the tees with a Graffaloy Prolite L shaft. I'm thinking 400cc with a Senior shaft. Anyone with experience out there fitting women's equipment?

I'm currently hitting an SMT Nemesis 9 degrees 375cc with an Accuflex Pro Regular shaft. Could she handle an SMT Shinnecock 12 degrees/360 cc with an Adilla NV-55?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Whoa. That's alot of technical questions that I doubt anyone could answer without her hitting the club itself.

If i could offer a suggestion (and that's all it is, i have zero experience with ladies clubs), but a woman that plays to about a 3 handicap here in the city uses the new Mac driver and loves it. She has it shafted with the men's regular flex shaft at 44", if I recall correctly.

Maybe Bravo remembers the driver that lady that kicked his ass was using....:D

R35

Don

Aug 23, 2005
Loren: I built a 12* driver for myself and made the mistake of letting my wife hit a few balls with it. Hit that driver better than her own, so I had to build her a new driver after that. For her, I got a Golfsmith HiCor Plus 15* head and the matching Hicor GS 50 shaft. She's hitting this driver much better than her older 13* 260CC driver,and a few other ladies have tried it and they all liked it alot. Golfsmith has the head and shaft on clearance right now if you hurry. I'd recommend it to any lady golfer looking for more distance and a nice high ball flight. Good luck with your project. Just so you know, the head takes a .350" shaft, which is what the GS 50 is. If you use a .335" shaft, you need to get the adapter that Golfsmith sells.

🔥 Latest posts