• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Last week of work...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well the course is closed and I put the final winter fungicide down on our greens and tees Friday. I guess that means I'm just about done for the 2010 season. Actually I am done! As of the 26, I'm officially unemployed for yet another winter.

I won't be sitting around this year however, I have big plans for my next couple months off!! Instead of Ho'ing clubs this winter, I'll be Ho'ing job ads, in search of that perfect course to work on next spring. Dundee has been a great place to work, the people there have become like my family away from my real family. Living on my own for the past 5 seasons hasn't been hard either, but trying to make a living with the company I work for has been a killer!! I've put way too much energy and money into educating myself in the field of turf management, to be struggling like I am.

This is probably the wrong place to be posting something of this nature, and I'm not doing it to get pity from someone. But I thought I'd put myself out there, I am a free agent this winter. If any one here knows a course owner, or is one! And could be in the market for a Superintendent or even an Assistant Superintendent like I am now. I'd be very interested in looking into it. I'm a double graduate, from two known programs in Ontario and have a lot to give at any course I work for. I have all the needed licensing and know-how to do anything on a golf course, I've done it all!!

This will probably go nowhere, but I just feel better having said it.
Thanks for reading it at least. Have a good winter!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Can't help you with your request Louie but good luck anyway. Keep us posted.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well the fat lady has done her last song. Just had our year end breakfast with all the boys and now the job hunting begins. I've been checking the OGSA website daily, but so far nothing. I've even got a connection out in Alberta, but they are pretty quite too. Not too sure what's going to happen yet, but I'm trying to keep my thoughts positive and head high. Something has to turn up... Somewhere!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Are there any lonely cashed-up old ladies out your way Louie?? Just a thought. ;)

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Are there any lonely cashed-up old ladies out your way Louie?? Just a thought. ;)

I have given this one some thought, and really once I got into the will, I'd be set. But what if I gave her some new found youth and she lives for a couple more years?? I've heard of taking one for the team, but damn!!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
How far are you willing to travel/relocate?

Travel wise I could see myself doing a 30-40 minute commute each day, but with the hours the grounds crew usually work, relocating would be my best option. As far as that goes I'm game for going anywhere. I'm only 27, so I have loads of life yet to live (hopefully anyway) and depending on the position, course, and time line I'm given to get where I'm going, I could go anywhere!! I got into this career with the idea that golf is played around the world and really I could travel the world while working to pay for it all. Not to mention free golf is a big bonus!!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Travel wise I could see myself doing a 30-40 minute commute each day, but with the hours the grounds crew usually work, relocating would be my best option. As far as that goes I'm game for going anywhere. I'm only 27, so I have loads of life yet to live (hopefully anyway) and depending on the position, course, and time line I'm given to get where I'm going, I could go anywhere!! I got into this career with the idea that golf is played around the world and really I could travel the world while working to pay for it all. Not to mention free golf is a big bonus!!

Well it looks like our current grounds keeper may be leaving us...we will know by the end of the year as we are making him another offer (we do annual contracts)...if you are interested, let me know.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well it looks like our current grounds keeper may be leaving us...we will know by the end of the year as we are making him another offer (we do annual contracts)...if you are interested, let me know.

Yes and YES!
I already sent off an email... wasn't thinking, I should have attached a resume of mine too!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I got your email and responded....

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

I got your email thanks! I've got them crossed. I hope everything works out for both myself and your current Superintendent.

🔥 Latest posts