• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Latest from the 2007 big bertha question

stemo

Nov 11, 2007
Came back from the callaway dealer, and boy did I ever get screwed. He said they are definitely fakes and he then put the authentic ones besides these and you can really see the lack of quality, when side by side. Just wondering if anybody has any pointers about getting my money back from this guy, again this item was bought through Ebay. If I get my money back, let me tell you I'm going to an authorized dealer, enough of this!!!!!!!!!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Contact the seller. Explain the situation. Keep records of all your e-mails.

Then, if he doesn't respond or says "tough tits", then contact E-bay.

In your e-mail, don't be a dink. Be calm, courteous and explain the situation. Ask for your money back (including the shipping there and to return the clubs), or you're going to contact E-bay and the authorities.

More than likely he'll back pedal, but if he doesn't, you contact E-bay and let them know you have copies of all the conversations between you and the seller. They'll take it from there.

Don't expect a quick remedy or this to go smooth if you have to contact E-bay. They suck anus for customer service (generally).

But, if the guy reimburses you, get your money and then contact E-bay about his fraudulent acts. Also contact Callaway's fraud group. I don't have the e-mail for the AMerican Fraud contact, but e-mail Callaway Customer service and they will direct you. They'll want the clubs and any information you can provide.

From Callaway's site: "Should you have a question, or require advice on how to purchase authentic Callaway Golf clubs, please call 800-588-9836, or email us at [email protected]. Also, eBay.com does not permit the auction of counterfeit items and welcomes reports of suspicious activity."

Good luck.

R35

PS....i've gone through this before. I bought a fake putter from a guy in Buffalo. Got my money back, and the information that I provided lead to a counterfit bust of something like 600,000 bucks. Every little bit counts, dude.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I too got burned with a fake R7425 last year. Whatever you do, do not return the club before you get your money. "Fool me once...". These guys know they are selling fakes and will think nothing of burning you again.

I doubt you'll get much in a response from the seller. The guy I got the fake from wanted me to send it back. I said "ok, send me my $$ first". He said "no send the club first". I replied "send the $$ or you'll be sorry" and he got real cocky. I had the fake verified by Taylormade and got my $$ back through Mastercard. Then I bid $1000 on every one of his over 30 auctions and won them all. I told him to go screw.

Be prepared to have to use Paypal's dispute system to get your $$ back. Make sure you follow it to a T. If Paypal has a # to call, call it and ask for specific instructions. You will get your $$ back if you do it the right way. As for the seller, please post the link to the auction so none of us buy from him. I'll also harass him a little just for GP. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts