• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Latest news on the big "C" and me

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, SWMBO talked to the Doctor and nurse while I napped through chemo. Apparently if you'd have asked him 6 months ago when all this started my chances, he didn't think I'd make it through the summer. Seems I was a pretty sick puppy, much sicker than I or anyone else realized. But as of right now, my cancer is under control. Not in remission, certainly not cured, but it has responded remarkedly well to the chemo and radiation. No real explanation as to why I stay tired ad whipped out feeling, but hey, at this point I'll take whatever i can get as far as good news. I'm going to do some shopping around and find me and SWMBO a couple of bicycles to putter around the complex on in an effort to regain some of my strength and staminina back, and work on/try a couple more options I have to rnake this rib stop hurting so much. Then I can back off the pain pills and will be able to drive again, and hopefully get back to work, :) Anyway, anyone interested or keeping up with all this, thats where we stand as of now, :) Not the best news I could have recieved, but certainly the best I've heard since all this started. :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Good news dub!!!!

I like hearing where you're at, i consider you a friend and friends like knowing how their friends are doing.

Keep gettin better bud!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Good news dub!!!!

I like hearing where you're at, i consider you a friend and friends like knowing how their friends are doing.

Keep gettin better bud!!

Couldnt have said it better myself. Keep us posted and keep your chin up!

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks guys, I consider y'all friends too, otherwise I'd not have made the post.

Hopefully sometime this summer we can all, well, as many as possible meet up somewhere and play some golf, play some cards, pass around the booze and tell lies and really get together and get to know each other. sounds good anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Good news dub!!!!

Keep gettin better bud!!
+1! And, one of the rare times I actually agree with eclark!

I love the "No real explanation as to why I stay tired ad whipped out feeling" part...yeah, right. You tell SWMBO to let you get some sleep at night and you won't be so tired!! ;)

Keep us updated!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Excellent news, making progress is a really good thing to hear. Is the growth stopped, slowed or regressing?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That's pretty exciting news!!! "Treatable" is good, when it comes to the big "C". As far as the "tired" goes, are you sure you aren't just playing having SWMBO into waiting on you?? :>)

Keep improving. Don't dare fall off that bike!!!!! My wife and I still talk about taking a few short trips... if I can ever slow down a little. If we do get a chance to get away, one of the first places we'll head will be south and see a little of Mississippi!!!

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Lol, no, the waiting on me hand and foot lasted all of about 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, she has been a saint and a God'send.I talked to an aunt last night who is going through chemo as well, apparently its just a side effects of it.

Right now everything is in check, holding steady, but holding steady at the much smaller size they attained with the chemo and radiation combination

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Lol, no, the waiting on me hand and foot lasted all of about 2 weeks.

You're dong it wrong. SWMBO made me coffee this morning.
To be fair, it's a Keurig, but she did have to lift the handle and push the button.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Still hanging in there. Trying to avoid being a burden on her or anyone else. It gets tough at times though. Pretty sure they changed up my chemo this last go round. I spent the entire weekend on the toilet, and it wasn't to catch up on my reading. lol . I'm so weak and washed out feeling I don't even have the energy to go down to the putting green, just sat on the patio and enjoyed the gorgeous weekends weather.

If they can EVER get this oain from the shingles under control so I can get off these pain pills, I think I'll be a whole lot better off. I've tried everything they have to offer except a implant, and the possible side effects of it are just WAY to risky, ranging from no results to paralisys. With those risk possible, I'll take addiction to pain pills any day, sorry.

6 months away in Glen Erin huh? I'll have to some serious siphering and penny pinching, but I'd love to make that trip if possible.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Still hanging in there. Trying to avoid being a burden on her or anyone else. It gets tough at times though. Pretty sure they changed up my chemo this last go round. I spent the entire weekend on the toilet, and it wasn't to catch up on my reading. lol . I'm so weak and washed out feeling I don't even have the energy to go down to the putting green, just sat on the patio and enjoyed the gorgeous weekends weather.

If they can EVER get this oain from the shingles under control so I can get off these pain pills, I think I'll be a whole lot better off. I've tried everything they have to offer except a implant, and the possible side effects of it are just WAY to risky, ranging from no results to paralisys. With those risk possible, I'll take addiction to pain pills any day, sorry.

6 months away in Glen Erin huh? I'll have to some serious siphering and penny pinching, but I'd love to make that trip if possible.

lol @ not catching up on your reading....although the circumstances aren't that funny, it struck me

We'd love to have you up for the outing Dub!!!(at least i would...lol)

Tell ya what. You get yourself good enough to get here, i'll cover your round. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.